Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

A PhD in Meaning

Post hole digger: A post on PhD's

A post is a solid piece of wood used in a fence, and a blog sounds like a butt log (piece of poop). So a blog post is, therefore, a fence post stuck in a pile of shit.

Anyway, I am writing on giving your life meaning. It's my thesis.

Serving God is a common source of meaning. With enough peer pressure, that can mean anything. Billions of believers can exert a lot of influence, as people of a book. If God is love, then you can serve yourself by loving yourself, and to go and love and serve the lord in the form of "what you do for the least of my brothers," that you do for me. Least and most, or worst and best, is completely subjective, but you can always eat at the Hard Rock cafe and Love All Serve All. Just remember to be square with yourself if you decide to serve a cow by serving a burger. Priests serve God, literally. Here, chew on this. Drink me in. Priests, or fathers, serve Jesus, body and blood, wafer and wine, who is one in being with the Father, who is God, who is the word, One. But words themselves are not what they refer to. Look at the word 'literally'. Why does that mean "in reality." Is the word "reality" a referance to royalty? Jesus purported to be the OT made flesh. We are our names. We're all words made flesh. Did Jesus eat himself? He was what he ate. Was he the lord of the flies, too? Was he one in being with the maggots that ate his flesh? Angels fly.

You can call this post, or the entirety of my blog, my thesis. I'm going to the school of Jesse. The school of the internet and the library. Why pay for education, anymore, seriously... Thesis could mean 'the sis'. The sister could mean a)the nun, b)the African American woman, or c)the female sibling. There's hypnosis and gnosis and hey little sister shotgun, by Billy Idol, for example, too. There's Cystic Fibrosis and Sissy Spacek. My thesis is on meaning. I wasn't mean to my sis, even though I was responsible for her death. Teshara anagrams to 'the sara'. Sarah was my sister's name. Sarah died in an H (Honda). My wife's name is Sara, and she drives a H. So, my thesis is personal. Anyway, you can live for "pleasure, a little treasure", as Depeche Mode would say. When I say "your life", I mean my life, too.

On One

One's life, that is, I mean to say. We are all ones. We are all one. We are all individuals. God is One. O my God. God is zero, too. The zero effect. Zeros and ones, all God. Binary and digital spirituality. You are either with us or against us. God is a number (see how interpretations can diverge?) All who exist are one. Communities act as one, like ants or even human societies at war. ANT-hropology. Nothingness exists. I AM is our principle. And the word was God. Existence is good. I think, therefore I am. Thinking is good. Pray without ceasing. Of course, you can think in forms other than words, like pictures or music. I AM is God's name. Our names are incidental. A Rose is a rose by any other name. We're all someone. I am someone. Sum 1. I knew a girl named Summer. I am one (among many). Therefore, I am god. And we're all God. You're all me? I am a part of you. We're all you? There are 6.7 billion human Gods. If everybody's in everybody else, it only takes two for everybody to love each other. You can love yourself, of course. That doesn't work as well, for some reason. Damn you, God. Can God be his own God? Or must every God love someOne else? Animals are people, too. 666 is the number of the beast!

There are monkey Gods (Hanuman) and spider Gods (Ichtome, the trickster) and Gods of every species, realm, domain, region, and activity. If there is only one God, then "Now everybody's me", as the Dead Milkmen sang. Why? Because the self is the only verifiably existent thing. I'm into the DM's. There's dungeon master, too. That's usually virtual. Seriously, though, I'm a spider monkey. Spy monkey, for short. I'm a frickin' humanzee. I yam whatteye yam. Is that what you are, too? Psychologies differ, but is the human condition the same?

E pluribus, unum. Out of many, One. This could mean 3 things: Extinction of humanity, down to population:1 (Like that will smith movie), or unity of any group (not necessarily focused or embodied on an individual), or the body of christ kind of thing, as unity in a single individual, like the Fuhrer, i.e. some bizarre spirituality. All in all is all we are? All in one, one in all. All for one, one for all. So many silly ideas. Neo (One, anagrammed. 'Rearranged': I have that song by Limp Bizkit). All religions originate from madness, with crazy wisdom. Inspiration is breathing. Old folks are in babies and babies are in old people. Each other's minds. Babbling and not in control, like all the "healthy" adults in the middle who think they're in control. Everything is mind control. You're controlling or controlled, and probably some varying mix.

Mr. Anderson, the matrix is a car. Who is The One. Mr. Onederful. Your "soulmate." I don't believe in souls. The holy spirit is just a primitive way of describing vibes and what connects us, like telepathic connections and mind control, through the mechanism of physics, not a holy "spirit" or "ghost". Dreams while sleeping, and thoughts, in our waking dream, come to us from both within and without. Our minds are not (entirely) our own, if at all. Dreams and ideas come to us like radio or television broadcasts, at least sometimes, I believe, in addition to coming from the subconscious. Guided dreaming is making the process a bit more conscious. Morpheus is the God of dreams. Morpheus called Neo the One..he was in love with him, the homo. Trinity of homo sapiens, homosexuals, and homeowners. God is love is the One, if you're a priest or nun. That rhymes. Kurt Cobain sang God is gay. I'm a poet, and I don't know it (biblically). Mystical, sexual union. Alright, I may have gotten carried away. Poet=top e.

YHWH=7858=1. JLT=132=6 I AM=914=5. So, I AM JLT=Jesus=Joe Lynn Turner=2. Stupid magical thinking. Please ignore me. Tell them I AM sent you, as you drive down I-5. My name sums to 4,9,9. Sum-22. V. Catch-22. I'm 36.

Cats are powered by IAMS cat food. Eat a cat, be twice removed. S=Allah. Cats eat Allah? Cats can be addictive...I'm a cat-holic. Go, cats, get 'em cats, go get 'em cats! Cat got your tongue? Eat the cat's tongue! Lengua! Yuck. We'll all be dead someday. Life is meaningless, from a certain point of view. The word meaning creates meaning, because meaninglessness makes people mean. You're dead before you're even born. Life is already dead. There is no life. You're a (biological) robot. Fate, slave, zombie. Does that make me a meanie? Oila! Meaning.

Say you're Jesus, a member of the body of Christ, the head of your own body (saying requires words which requires your brain and mouth). Okay, "I'm Jesus." There, that wasn't so hard. There are lots of people named Jesus, although most of them are hispanic, so it's pronounced heyzeus. They can all be Jesus, too. Jesus is 2 is jew. So if you're jew, then you're jesus. People say they're jewISH because they don't want to be Jesus, and frankly, nobody in their right mind would. Jesus was in his left mind? Sinister and leaving and unrighteous. Christians keep saying he already paid the price. So you should be okay, and live long and prosper and have kids, unlike ol' JC.

Beast=2, too. Too=5. 2,5= Jesus Christ is beast, too. My cock, as the Onion said. Worship my cock, lol. My=2, cock=5. Jesus = God. 2=8. 2 is two people in love, creating a baby, which we say is God, because God is 8, sideways of which is the symbol for eternity, and we all want our dna to last forever, as our children are our way of remaining into the future, or "for eternity", God willing. God is also One, which is sexual unity, and Satan, the lascivious horny beast, because hell is giving birth, which is why Jesus went to hell before he went to heaven. Suffering is necessary for the "most rewarding" endeavor of your life, children. Making a baby is the beast with 2 backs. I have a beast named Marcel, which is also the term for marital celibacy. I sat on him, and he has a bad back. I hope he doesn't have 2 backs.

There are two ways of looking at meaning, theoretically and practically. Theoretically, you might imagine what the most meaningful life possible would be, or the least, and how to change the possibility itself. The parameters of possibility for achieving meaning are defined by "reality". Reality is a word that should always be used in quotes. There are natural laws. If you had a functioning TOE (theory of everything), you could then act the most wisely within your total understanding of your environment. TOE generally just refers to physics. I take it literally. E means EVERYthing, including Ecstasy and the Economist and non-E words, like dismal, and even things that haven't been named yet, without words. In the practical sense of creating meaning, you can look at your life or others, in the past, present, or future, living and dead.

Time is the stuff of which life is made. Who gives your life meaning, you or someone or something else? What's your ideal legacy, what's your best possible legacy, what's your legacy thus far, and how much possibility for change does one individual have. Is activism better than passivism? Meaning is not only to be found in figures of "importance" but behind the scenes, in History. Meaning is not only on gravestones and funeral speeches. Contact is the reason why everything happens. The dark side of the moon's All that your life will ever be lyrics sum it up well enough, I think. Your breathing can cause hurricanes. Your most intimate thoughts could stir revolutions.

Linguistically, a computer could generate every possible word, and invent meanings for them, so we could have the most precise and complex vocabulary possible. That's a lot of meaning! Likewise, new symbols besides the 26 english letters could be used. If all characters from all the languages were used in a new universal language, how many words would be possible?

Let's say you're the worlds most talented person who has ever existed. How could you use your talent the most wisely? How should the rest of us act?

Meaning means being mean, you could say. Or lovingkindness, say others. God is love, they say. What does love mean. Love is a relation, a feeling, not a being (at least not a being you've never met). Who do you love? What's love got to do with it. Do arranged marriages work as well as the non kind, statistically. Can statistics really be twisted to say anything? There's cruelty to be kind, in the right measure. How can one best be happy, and be of service in making others happy? The science of happiness is essential to the formulation of meaning. Does it make you happy to be mean? Are you a vampire? Drink the blood of christ, eh? Misery loves company, and company talks, and words have meaning, and which is more contagious, which goes viral more easily, happiness or being miserable. Party poopers v. contagious laughter. Which is kinder?

Does anything matter? Does anything have meaning? Is matter itself mean? You could get hit on the head by a meteorite. The earth itself could suffer an extinction event like the impact that killed the dinosaurs. Words talk about things. And for the things to have meaning, they have to matter. I suppose that means that even the most ethereal concepts refer to realities based in stuff, matter, things, objects, atoms. Glork grobble brik tork crob norkle snath!

Never mind, we say. The mind is a terrible thing to waste. Is the mind a thing? Our brain is. What's a mind? I don't mind if I don't have a mind. Especially if having a mind means I possess access to someone else's brain. I don't want anyone in my brain. I'm sick of my voice, my "privileged" telepathic communication, my link to perpetual genius and creativity and madness. He's annoying. Give me sanity or give me death! (I reserve the right to define sanity for myself). There's only one life to live. I bet that doesn't play in Tibet.

Words have letters, syllables, sounds, denotations, and connotations, and they send us in unexpected directions. To someone from another culture, your words are all nonsense. Acts are usually just what they appear to be, unless they are in the context of a ritual or something. They're usually goal-directed behavior. I'm organizing and sharing my thoughts, hopefully entertaining or educating, in the process. This blog may even make me a buck or two. Someone could read it, get mad, kill me, I become grass, eaten by a deer, and I become a buck or two. Things can be nonsense even in your own language. Angry bulls buck.

The importance of thinking about thought:

Thoughts could mean telepathic contact, self-hypnosis, prayer, organizing one's understanding of your environment, perception categorization, dreams, creativity, problem-solving, music art math language, channeling, or psychic ability like esp, precognition, bending spoons, healing (yourself or others), or jedi mind tricks. There's mental masturbation. Keeping mind and body fit, sharp. Prolonging life, reducing senescence. Words can be absurd or highly precise. Babble or speaking in tongues, channeling the languages of the entire world?, or highly technical philosophical discourse, pondering subtleties. Generalities and specifics, nonsense or incisive awakening. Words, visions, sounds, smells, tastes, feelings, inside and out -thoughts are not just sentences, by a long shot. People think differently. Perceptual sets. Thoughts like dreams may be meaningless, but many would argue everything has meaning. Life is mean, because the mean (average) lives a life of quiet desperation.

Even lovingkindness is selfish. We want to procreate, to have children, to extend our dna, to have sex, to feel pleasure, to love and be loved in a mutually selfish cooperative relationship that results in the evolutionary imperative of using our bodies (bags of dna, meat puppets) as vehicles to carry our dna into the next generation. Altruism and charity give back in religious and community ties. Very few people are willing to sacrifice themselves for humanity of a country, unless you're Jesus or a soldier, who I think are both a bit off. It's cool, though. Soldiers become "heroes" and get paid, which supports their families, and is supposed to provide safety for their community. Jesus is the eternal, unending meme. Of course, I live with myself, (JSS in hebrew?).

You're probably wondering why I do this numerology thing. I did it in college, as I met this mathematician, and I lived next door to the Jewish student center (The Hillel house), who also do this. And I found that I had been doing it subconsciously all along. My diction (word choice) had been influenced by subliminal mathematics underlying words. And practicing it provided me with some insight into spirituality, as nonsensical as it can be. It gets you thinking about dogs barking and birds chirping and steps through the house and stimulates the left and the right brain. I'm pretty sure it's common, if not universal. Music is defined by a mathmatical subconscious that tells us what sounds good. So I don't know if I'm being too "magical" or very, very real.

For more posts on "meaning", see 1)Car Symbolism, 2)Symbolisms in Nature, 3)Anagrams, and 4)Sara or 5)Jesse: what's in a name.

No comments: