Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Car Symbolism

What does YOUR car mean, really? We Virgos are driven.

My wife has a Honda (H). Honda means deep in Spanish. There's that new car that goes underwater, the sQuba. It only goes 33 feet deep, though. And you have to wear (provided) scuba gear, because it's a convertible. I had a thought about this car, the other day. If Mercedes made this car, you could get the Mercedes BENDS. Ha. Deep thoughts. It only goes 1.9mph underwater.

H is the chemical symbol for hydrogen, which is why I assume Honda made the element. It's also what Hannibal signed his name as in the movie 'Hannibal' which is why I assume they made the H del Sol (silence of lambs). And THAT is why, I feel, the "human element" commercials were made, to take our minds (or my mind, or the collective unconscious) off of a big homicidal sociopath, and on to humankind. There's pine sol, too.

I'm a Virgo, which I read in an astrology book is called "the vehicle." But I am neither a car, nor a virgin (the meaning of 'virgo'. Car sums to 4 (3,1,18). I met someone named Four, and I am not him, either. I am not H. I am Jess. I am Jesse.

The letters and numbers of license plates and makes and models can drive you batty, a bit. But it's still fun, if you can spare the mindshare. Can you drive, chew gum, listen to the radio or cd, talk to a passenger, and process symbolism all at the same time? Multitasking!

Anyway, to get back to cars. There's the H and the L, which of course makes me think of Hannibal Lecter, and the RAV4, which elicits are a V for.. Further along the identity car thing, there's Buick, or Be you...ick. Jeep seems like Jesse, with a P substituted for the ss. P is the emoticon for ack (:-P), and I would say the schutzstaffel were an ack, at the very least. Jesse sums to 4, like car itself. Jeepers creepers. The Chrysler Sebring makes me think of Ler (Larry, my dad) and Se (Jesse) bringing me home from a crash. There's the LT, PT, and GT (my dad, mom, and brother). My two uncles are the (Audi) TT and the Jimmy. There's the Crown Victoria for Jim's wife. I like that 80's song 'Cars', by Gary Numan, and the band, The Cars. I haven't seen the animated movie, Cars, or played Car Wars, though. I saw some of those Herbie the love bug movies a long time ago, though. The Knight Rider 2000 rules. It had nothing to do with the Knight Ridder publishing company, of course..

Cars that are animals are the Jaguar, the Cougar, the Beetle, the Spyder, the Mustang, the Bronco, the Eagle, and the Rabbit. The thunderbird vaguely qualifies, I suppose.

Cars that refer to space or space travel are the Astrovan, the H del Sol, the Sunfire, Mercury, Saturn, the Comet, the Windstar, the Geo. And the pilot, or perhaps the Jetta. There's the infiniti, and the Ford (4D, or time) tempo.

There are military themes like pilot, sentra (sentry), ninja, gmc (general in the marine corps or global mind control, for example). The F-150 sounds like a jet. Dodge could be Department of Defense G.E. (general electric=power). Jeep got it's name from GP, or General Purpose. Dodges and Jeeps are what generals drive. JD Power and associates...

For litigating lawyers, there's the Subaru, Isuzu, and Suzuki. Is there still a Daihatsu? There's the Daewoo, too. DAE is that silly annoying attorney I knew.

For Hollywood, there's Mercedes Ruehl, Chevy Chase, Adam Corolla, Portia DeRossi, or even Carrie Anne Moss (Camry). In Swahili, a "merbenzi" is a rich person.

For Gods and the big picture, there's the Matrix, the Mazda (Ahura Mazaa is the Zoroastrian God of goodness), and Toyota (to yoda, may the force be with you). Lamborghini evokes lambs. And of course, the Pope- mobile. Acura seems like a cura, which I think means a priest.

No comments: