Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sara: What's in a Name

Discover the hidden meanings in your name.

You probably already know what your name means. For example, My wife and I have biblical names. Jesse was the father of King David in the Old Testament, and Sarah was the wife of Abraham. You remember Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Sarah was the mother of the Isaac, and thus of the nation of Israel. You can go a step further, and discover that Jesse means God's gift, and Sara means princess. But you can go even further still. You can look up anagrams, acronyms, and use numerology to find other meanings as well. For example...

All about the word and name 'Sara'

My wife Sara (Brown) propably doesn't want me to talk about her (too late!), so I'll just talk about the name. Her initials, SLB, is the stock ticker for Schlumberger, an oil services company. She has a necklace with S on it. This makes me think of Shell oil -you know, the joke about S hell. Which makes me think of Spain, S-pain. Sara (19,1,18,1) sums to 3 (she's my Trinity), and I also think of c ouch and c ow (we have a leather sofa). C is 3, in case you're not being your usual fully operational C3PO. Sofa?So, a needle pulling thread. Fa, a long long way to run. I've heard of musical chairs, but this is the musical sofa. Anyway, S.A.R.A. is Scientific Applications and Research Associates, a defense and homeland security technology firm (sara.com). S.A.R.A. also stands for Saturates, Aromatics, Resins, and Asphaltenes (used in petroleum analysis). S stands for Allah. It all seems very relevant to the "war on terror." Speaking of Trinity, Bush is a Neo-con. Con stands for conservative, not conman, or confidence artist, or convict, although you might think he is. Also in relation to Trinity, he's a total nuclear policy hypocrite.

I heard on the news this morning someone payed $14.3M dollars for the United Arab Emirates license plate "1". Neo is the anagram of One, which the bible says is God. God is simply #1. Let's say God is Said Abdul Ghafour Khouri. In the UAE, anyway. I knew a Nina and Christina Khouri a long time ago.

Anyhow, my world, delivered is UPS -let the power of Brown work for you, and DHL, Dr. Hannibal Lecter, who de-livered. Honda conjurs Hannibal and Lexus evokes Lecter, to me. Or happy and loving. I read the highway like it contains personal messages from God, or somebody, for fun. God is love, and I love S. SLB, just a slob like One of us. SLT, if she takes my last name. Then people in her would be insults. The SLT is a car. I've got quite a web of car symbology. For example, the Saab 9-3 is my birthday. The z71 has my birthyear. The GLT, my brother's initials, is a Volvo. Jeepers. Jesse is Jeep if you substitute P (the emoticon for ack) for SS, which makes sense. Sara's mom's maiden name is Montero. My mom has the PT cruiser. LT's are out there, too. Sara's dad is Ken, evoked by Kenworth. There are SRS airbags in Sara's Honda. It goes on and on.

Like I said, S was the symbol used for Allah in a little pamplet I read introducing Islam. S is the sign for Superman, and Safeway, and Skechers shoes. My skechers have velcro. That was a completely irrelevant tidbit of information, that I felt like throwing out there, lol. Sibilant slithering snakes hiss esses. I speak parseltongue. Sssss. I am Jessssse. Satan the serpent. I saw the band Fang perform. There's a Fang people of central Africa.

Sara and Jesse, could be S.J. That stands for Society of Jesus, or the Jesuits. I had Father Sotelo and Father Murphy in highschool (spanish and english, respectively -and the word was God!) There's a Chevy S10. Husband and wife become one flesh. S is 19, and J is 10. We're both one, already. I was a lector at the Newman Center in college (a lector is a reader of scripture at church). I am not Neo, and I'm not Lecter, either, because I know that's what you were wondering. Sara is like 'are a S'. Jesse is like 'esse (being in latin) J'. The weirdness continues. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little crazy with the cheez whiz.

Anyway, Bob Dylan's first wife was named Sara (there's a song he wrote entitled 'Sara') and his first son's name is Jesse. There's a Saab computer called SARA. My Sara knows all about movies, as a former video store employee. The movie piece in trivial pursuit is brown, incidentally. There's an Iranian movie called Sara (which neither of us have seen). There are traditional Persian dolls called Sara and Dara, the female and male, respectively. There's the Sara people of Chad, in Africa, and the Sara language of Kalimantan (in India). There's a Nilo-Saharan language group called Sara. Fleetwood Mac and Starship have songs called Sara. Sara, in Kannada, means necklace or chain. In Sanskrit, it means fluid, cathartic, purgative, or essence. There's esse again. In Italian, the sara form of essere means 'if you say so'. K Sarah, Sara. Whatever will be, will be.

Besides the Saab computer, oil analysis, and defense corporation, there are other SARA acronyms. There's the Chinese State Administration for Religious Affairs. The Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act. The Species at Risk Act. Society for Applied Research in Aging. Society of American Registered Architects. Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers. Scholarly Articles Research Alerting. Sexual Assault Resource Agency. And Spousal Assault Risk Assessment. Law enforcement uses the acronym for Scan, Analyze, Respond, and Assess. What's in a name, you ask?

To continue. Geographically, there's a village in Labourd, France called Sara, a municipality in the Phillipines, and an arab village in Israel depopulated in the '48 war named Sar'a. Sara, what has become of you? (apologies, to pink floyd again). We live near Calistoga, Ca, which was confused with Saratoga (there are 12 Saratogas in the U.S.), so there's a restaurant there named Sarafornia. And there's a Sarasota, Florida. Okay, my Atlas index also lists a Sara in Burkina Faso, Niger, and Serbia. There's a Sarahs, Turkmenistan, Sarawak in Malaysia, and Saratov, Russia. There are about 43 other geographical place names beginning with Sara, like Sarajevo or Saratok.

St. Sarah is the patron saint venerated by the Roma (gypsy) people. She is also known by Sarah-la-Kali (Sarah the black). My wife is wearing black, today. The Roma are believed to have come from India in the 9th century, so it is related to the Indian goddess. The center of St. Sarah's cult is in southern France. Durga, or Kali, the consort of Shiva, is the goddess of creation, sickness, and death. Death, thou shalt die -John Donne. Of course, when everyone is dead, then death will be gone, too.

In the books Holy Blood, Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln, and in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, which Sara tells me to read because it has anagrams, Sara is said to be the daughter of Jesus by Mary Magdalene. Leonardo Da Vinci anagrams to vindaloo and rice. Yum! What was Jesus' last name?

Sarah is a biblical name, as she was the wife of Abraham, the first patriarch in the old testament. As you may recall, Sarai and Abram got their names changed by God to Sarah and Abraham. Sarai means princess. Sarah means princess of all or princess of the multitudes, sometimes translated as Goddess. Sara likes Goddess dressing. Other translations are "a woman of high rank" or "high holy one." What have I gotten myself into? Wives, be deferential to your husbands! Sarah was 90 years old when she had Isaac, and Abraham was 100. Abraham had a son by Sarah's handservent, Hagar, named Ishmael, a figure in the Torah, Bible, and Q'uran. Sarah didn't like Hagar. Hagar the horrible. The Quran views Ishmael as a prophet.

Sarah is used 5 times fore every 1 time Sara is used. In 2005, Sara was the 76th most popular girl's name (in the U.S.). Sarah was the 15th. Sarah also means 'pleasant' in Arabic, 'pure and excellent' in Persian, and, in Japanese, is the tree where Buddha was born, and a rare Kyoto flower that blooms in the summer and only lasts one day. In Yiddish, Sara is Shore. English diminutives are Sadie and Sally. Ride, Sally, ride.

That's my wife's name in a nutshell. She likes macadamia nuts. M, academia, yum. Feed your head. Have a light snack. Eat some light. Wouldn't it be cool if we had chlorophyll in our skin? There are rabbits with glow in the dark fur. I'm more of a Brazil nut. It's the sexiest of nuts. My dad likes cashews. People are nuts.

Some people are also fruits, and vegetables, and dairy, and some people think of themselves as meat. You are what you eat! If you were about to be executed, what would your final meal request be?

No comments: