Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Islam Rising

God doesn't care what you are
Or,
It only matters if you have babies in heaven

Everything's Relative: Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, who compiles the Vatican's yearbook, said recently that Catholics account for 17.4 percent of the world population (a stable percentage), while Muslims are now at 19.2 percent. "It is true that while Muslim families, as is well known, continue to make a lot of children, Christian ones on the contrary tend to have fewer and fewer," he said. The data refers to 2006, so presumably now in '08 Islam has even more, if not a greater percentage of, adherents.

Is the monsignor right? Is the Christian birthrate lower than the Muslim one? Sure, but maybe not because of their religion. So, whatever. I don't care what religion you are, anyway. And, I don't care how many, if any, kids you have. You don't even have to believe in me. I'm an army of one.

By the way, I was only kidding about the babies in heaven bit. You will have no babies after you die. Everyone is already in heaven, though. Earth is a close to Paradise as you're ever going to get, so be happy in whatever belief system/organized religion you choose, and have as many or few bundles of joy as you desire. I say that Paradise is a city in California, and Earth is in Heaven (already). And almighty God is a living man. Several living men, actually:

And God is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod, a basketball player who played a season in Taiyuan, Shanxi province, "one of the most polluted cities in the world,’’ for a team that finished 4-26. He reportedly lives a "grim existence" in China, eating at Pizza Hut and McDonald’s, the only Western restaurants in the city, and has to "endure hours of repetitive, endurance-test practices,’’ "wade through cigarette-smoke-clogged hallways’’ to get to the locker room and "stay in hotels without shower curtains and with old cigarette butts on the bathroom floor.’’ He prefers to be called Shamm, and when he's not playing ball, while in China, he's likely online, downloading NBA games or highlights, talking on Skype, emailing or IMing with his wife, kids and countless friends, including NBA stars Chauncey Billups and Kevin Garnett.

He is not the only God:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/americas/2318291.stm The 55-year-old former Charles Haffey said he hoped the name change would free him from feelings of anxiety and rage that have plagued him since he served in Vietnam. "I was fatally wounded in the mind and the spirit," he said. "I didn't suffer any bodily injury. It's just what I saw, what I did. I killed myself."

Also, there is:
God is dead. "Well, as of March 13, 2006, Nietzche was proved correct. God is indeed dead. He died in Boulder. I know, because I wrote his obit" says AAA God online (A God wrote God's obituary?). I assume this is the man that appeared on Comedy Central awhile back for an interview. Good man.

There is an arrest warrant out for (another) God.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23440568-5012895,00.html

There are, of course, "rock gods". 1Cor 10:4 says Christ is a rock. This site says Axl Rose is God: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4410070355&ShowSims=Y

And of course, there are other people/gods like David Berg (deceased) or Adi Da. So that's 8 Gods. And then there's lil' ol' me.

While looking up the Christian birthrate, I found an article that stands in opposition to one I heard about earlier. Aha! Some digging to do. The article below says humanity has to worry about depopulation (!)
http://www.taemag.com/issues/articleID.18358/article_detail.asp
vs.
A study, entitled Food,Land,Population,and the U.S.Economy, of which only excerpts are shown, claims humanity already has 2/3 too many people, and WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE (lol)) This study was mentioned in the eschatology (scientific) article on Wikipedia.
http://dieoff.org/page40.htm

If you're a policy maker, and you care about the future of humanity, then please read these two articles, and sift them through your truth filter, so as to act accordingly.

Frankly, I do not care when everyone dies. Death is the way of all things. Please accept your eternal fate. You can, of course, take intelligent action to prolong your genetic presence, individually and as a human society and everything in between. I am...sorry.

No comments: