Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Symbolisms in Nature

The fusion of words with nature: God is One

Specifically, in Cobb, where I live.
This is by request, for Theresa.

"Because you know sometimes words have two meanings" -Led Zeppelin

To be honest, everything in nature is nature, and natural, no matter how contrived or human, so this kind of thinking applies anywhere. But I've found on my walks, thinking about what I see, that pretty much everything has alternate meanings. I consider the depths of meaning in objects around me to be spells, and using these spells to be like wizarding, as if I were Harry Potter or whatnot.

I would like to share some of them. Consider this Hogwart's. This is spellcasting 101, which even muggles can do.

There are pine needles on the ground, and so I think of needles like hospital needles (just as the ivy could be i.v., i.e. intravenous), heroin needles, record needles, and need less. There are rocks, which can be considered rocks, stones, pebbles, gravel, and boulders, along the categories of igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary, my dear Watson. Rock is crack cocaine, or rock music (and roll, which is a homonym for role, which makes me think of acting, in drama, tv, movies, and life) (roll is also a bread form), or the wrestler The Rock, or to athletically rock, as if a rock were a command to make a sprint or jog powerfully, or Jesus. I am a rock, I am an island. Stones can be the rolling stones, which took their name from rock and roll, which came from the Bob Dylan song like a rolling stone, which is all about.. well, read the lyrics: (http://www.mldb.org/song-9752-like-a-rolling-stone.html). Basically, to be on your own. It makes me think of the desolate time in my life when I was stranded on the side of a highway at night, far from home, without a wallet. Anyway, getting stoned would be the other meaning, which is obviously getting high on pot, but also the fate of the first martyr, St. Stephen, whose namesake was my grammar school. Pebbles makes me think of the Flintstones, childhood partner of Bam-Bam. Or pebble beach. Gravel makes me happy. I'm sick of pavement. That's all I need to think about. Boulders can be Boulder, Colorado (I've never been there, so that doesn't mean much to me) or bolder. On my walks, I thought it might be fun to give different rocks the names of different rock bands. That got old though, so I stopped doing it. Gravel can also be the politician who was running for president, Mike Gravel. I, S, and M rocks evoke the many isms of our world, on this 3rd rock from the sun. That's only two objects.

Should I go on? You get the picture. Oh why not.

Along the drug line, there's needles, rock, crack, coke (cans), and grass. Water is called "the drink" and there are areas that are lush. It's kind of unfortunate that all these beatiful things in nature have all these ugly connotations. Well, they're not ugly necessarily. Pot may have contributed to my being schizoaffective, though. I get needle injections every two weeks, too. We usually have coke around the house. We have a lawn. On the road I walk, there are bumps and lines, too. A white line, as a matter of fact. The yellow line makes me think of an overdose, or yell ow. Window panes (wind ow pain), paint (pain cross), pillows (ack ill ow, pill ow, pill low, p.l.o), couch (c ouch), cow (c ow), charm (c harm), shell gasoline (S hell), carpet (seize the cross), wall (wa all), and propane (pro-pain) all fall along these lines, to get away from the more "natural" scenery of my walks. Cracks are in the road (which makes me think of Rhodes scholars), which is made of concrete (Hong Kong, the island of Crete), asphalt (ass fault), pavement (a band), and cement (cross seamen, like on a submarine).

Tree was the name of a comedian I saw in Davis. It is also the nickname that was given to my wife's sister when she played basketball in school (her friend was called Plant). There's the Jesse tree, and data trees, and the flow of my thought on any particular walk. It makes me think of the number three. Jesus, nailed to a tree (in the words of the Jesuit song), with three nails. I drove a "three on the tree" Mercury comet (black). There was snow out yesterday morning on my walk. Pure as the "driven" snow. Snow, of course, is cocaine. Bark can also be the action of dogs. There's the joke about wok-ing your dog. I look at leaves as I leave the house, and I think of Leif Ericson, and Eriksson phones, and cell phones, and phones in jailcells, and the phone in my head (in cells?), and phonies. Tree is also genealogy, which makes me think of family, past and future, adopted and genetic, nuclear and the larger human family, and kingdom phylum class order family genus species. The bible talks of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life. Trunks could be storage lockers or elephant appendages. Elephants never forget. A trunk is also called a bole, like kitchen bowls or bowling.

I'm just getting started.

Skyy is vodka, and blue is sadness, and the musical genre, the Blues. Clouds are like an acid (ass id?) trip, seeing sound (i.e. louds). Branches exist of religions (in sects, insects) and banks. Twigs are like Twiggy. Sticks is the band Styx, named after the mythological river. I like the Nestle chocolate stix, especially with tea. There's stickiness, and (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP)and people sticking together, and jailbirds sticking each other with shivs. There are blades of grass (gr ass). So, in addition to stabbing, there's leaving, like leaving this world, and pine...sorrow after death. Pine cones are very p.c. which stands for so many things it's ridiculous (like personal computer, of course, but also pillow case, paper clip, pro-choice, politically correct, potentially challenging etc.). Cones make me think of pylons, or "witches hats", as well as the coneheads ("we are from france"). We have frogs up here, which is a slur for a 'french man.' A horse (heroin) has a frog under it's hoof. Heroin is a homonym for heroine. There's light, for being light-hearted, or not heavy (in thought or in weight), and shadow (Mordor, where the shadows lie, and slim shady, eminem). Aka, Jesus and Sauron. Colors have meanings, which I've written about.

Houses make me think of the tv show House, or ho use (a command to get a prostitute?), and windows are win the dow (investing in the stock market), the wind feeling pain (smacking into the pane), mace windu, wynn (of the movie Spawn) dozing, and wind o's, for whatever you want that to mean (like farting during sex). Screens can be job interviews, and the wall can be a Pink Floyd album, or Republican hegemony (a scary thought), i.e. Dubya all. Doors is a band, and handles are internet monikers, and a roof is, to be a little crazy, 666. Gardens are guardin', whether that be a security service or a basketball position or whatever. A gar is a kind of fish. A garage could be gay rage.

Wood is 'would', and bay leaves are me leaving the bay area, and madrone and manzanita are mad-man, like Ted Nugent, the motor city one. Pine trees are PT, my mom. Dog is a bounty-hunter, dawg. I used to say 'yar, dude' when I wanted to sound like a pirate. I guess that's yard. Bird are cold (brr) or Larry Bird or R&D (research and development) on bisexuals, bye, or buying. People eat crow. I knew a Jackie Crow. There's the movie The Crow. Cro-magnons. Woodpeckers like Woody Harrelson or erections. Flies, like fly girls or the lord of the flies, or hannibal lecter telling Starling to fly, fly, fly. Speaking of HL, there's reflectors (ref Lecter) in the road, and ivy on the side (like the Ivy league, of which H is most famous). Also, in relation to mace windu, the jedi, the eyes are the windows to the soul. Plants are also places where things are constructed. I live near an oxygen plant. I work at a carbon dioxide plant. We share resources.

That was all from memory. Okay, I'm back from my walk, and I found a few other things to mention. Puddles (like poodles; Mr. Putin has a poodle) of mud (my name is Mudd (it might actually have been), Mudd jeans, and the Wes Scanlon rock band), fences (those who sell stolen merchandise), and bins (like Bin Laden). Creek could be Cree indians (+k, for whatever). Water could be wa or angkor wat...to the Emergency Room. Dubya ate R? (ribs, yum).

Alright, enough of that.

No comments: