Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The News Today, Oh Boy

7 Stories that Rocked my World

1. The D&D co-creator, Gary Gygax, died today. We must free his captives from the Dungeon, before they get eaten by his pet Dragons.

2. The "hobbits" whose bones were discovered didn't belong to a separate species, scientists have concluded. They suffered from a vitamin deficiency. I just read the short story "Vitamins" by Raymond Carver.

3. The Pope is hosting a summit with the Muslim community (before all hell breaks loose?). Allah and Jehovah both end in ah. Jesus is a prophet in Islam. I slam? Jesus Christ! 9-11 was foretold. Look at the 20 dollar bill folding thing (I saw it on u-tube). 9+11=20. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMgGC9W-ks8&NR=1. I like the matrix soundtrack part.

4. Palestinians agree to peace talks, as Abbas calls for calm among his restive and angry people, after losing a bunch of people to Israeli strikes, including a baby. Bush is hopeful for the next two months. I still think they should call it Palrael or Israstine, tear down the wall, and let the people have at it. I think that makes me like Quaddafi.

5. Clinton wants Obama on her ticket. I wouldn't be opposed to that, if that's what I was forced to do to get Obama on track. I want Hillary on Obama's ticket! I don't know what I'm gonna do if Obama gets rabidly pro-choice. Probably abandon the whole frickin' billion dollar mess (that's how much the campaign will cost, for all the candidates).

6. Black dogs face dog-discrimination at shelter, remaining there longer. That's messed up. We have two black dogs, and they rule. I used to like that Led Zeppelin song, Black Dog. Demon dogs! Marine corps devildogs. A bulldog is just an angel without wings. They were especially affectionate this morning. I couldn't possibly be racist with such wonderful little beasts, showering me with their chocolate love.

7. Figures show more than 95,000 abortions were performed in Florida in 2006. How many in the U.S.? The world? Does it matter.. Everyone is born to die anyway, it's just a matter of weeks in a womb or maybe 100 years. Either is just a drop in an ocean of time, before we're all dead, unless we can figure out really, really fast space travel. I don't buy these arguments about a killed, i.e. an aborted, Einstein, or an unwanted child being born to become Hitler or whoever. Einstein helped invent nukes, which were used to kill x Japanese, and Hitler may never have killed anyone, personally, despite his vitriol and hate, which is perfectly legal, or should be, in my opinion. I am very strongly free-speech. Fighting words, libel, slander, etc. ; they should all be allowed. It's the consequent actions that need to be regulated. Words, no matter how hateful, should just run off us like water off a duck's back, in my opinion.

No comments: