Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Taking the stand

The Whole Truth.

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

I have two problems with this: Truth and God.
1. Just about any assertion you can make is a lie. A lie of omission. This is because the "whole truth" includes everything. Therefore, if ever asked to take the stand, I must remain respectfully silent. I do not have a TOE, and if I did, I would still not have a COE (certainty of everything).

This brings up a philosophical question: Is the whole truth required to know A truth? Because I don't know everything, do I know nothing? And therefore, because nobody knows everything, nobody knows anything? It has been said, "I think, therefore I am." I have been told this and I don't necessarily see the truth in this statement, so I say "I think, therefore I am, I think."
I do not know the truth. I also do not know that I do not know the truth.

Okay, sorry about that. Back to the swearing in (shit!)
2. As for God, is that a god with a capital or lower case g? Is it a single god or can it be part of a pantheon? Whose god? Which religion? Which god? Do I have to choose? Do I have to state? Can it be me? For a satanist, can he therefore lie? Seriously. lol.

Perhaps it is against my religious beliefs to entreat God's help. Is there an implied support of religion or God?

God is love, and love believes all things.

No comments: