Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why I'm Not? God

Almighty God is a Living Man?

I'm not 8. I'm not One. I'm not 764. God is not my name, like that guy who changed his name to God. I'm not Neo, or 556, or 7. I'm not YHWH, or Allah, or Buddha, or Krishna, or Jesus. My name is Jesse. I am not Jesse. I am not a word. I have never withnessed Jehovah. I was born on 9-3-71, and so I'm 36. You could say I'm number 9. (Which is funny right now, as the New York governor was client #9 or sumthing). I'm not love, the feeling, the relationship, the state, or "the chemical." I am not agape, eros, or philia. I am a person, who loves his wife, and who generally likes people. People are IN love, and a guy named Brian on myspace says he's in love, Missouri. Love is not Loving. My name happens to be Jesse Lawrence Teshara, and this does not confer any special powers or abilities, as far as I am aware. I believe a rose is a rose by any other name. I am not omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent. When I sit around the house, I do not sit around the house. I do not know everything. I can't do lots of things. Then again, neither can God.

Only God is good, the good book says, and the word was God, so be good, and read your good book. I happen to be enjoying The History of Love, by Nikole Krauss. I also just got a free Koran in the mail (freekoran.com). If God is everywhere, then God is in you, too. Even if you are satan. God is eternal, too, "always and everywhere." God, then, will be here when I'm dead. God, as being itself, will be here after all of us. God was never born and God will never die. God is a mystery. God is reality itself. Maybe I am one with the universe, but that doesn't make ME the universe. I am a human being, and, I fear, completely understood. Maybe God is just a word. I am not a word.

No comments: