Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Military News

Old News: The Marines, the Navy in space, Snap!, and Algorithm.

In other news, (related to my previous entries), the Marines raised $30k for heart surgery in Tennessee for an Iraqi girl. Her name is Amenah. The Marines, bless their hearts. Makes you wonder about the military holding bake sales, like that bumper sticker says. Maybe they actually do.

We're spending $40-60M (the tv said $67M, I think) to shoot that broken satellite at 150 miles up, of which 2500lbs would survive and scatter across two football fields, if we didn't. Apparently, there's a slim but real chance of it landing in a populated area, with it's 1000lbs of toxic hydrazine fuel. Should we have built a self-destruct mechanism into it? The missile alone will cost around $10M. If the satellite has that much fuel left, I imagine it was designed to last a lot longer. I wonder what happened to it. I had a roommate who would play that Satellite song by the Dave Matthews Band over and over and over... Sara likes the DMB.

Snaps (leaves, arguments, and ginger)
It's a beautiful day today, here. Don't let it slip away. I can't believe they used that song at a John Kerry pro-choice rally. That was just wrong. The day you walk out from an abortion clinic is not a beautiful day. If you disagree, all I have to say is I'm adopted and I enjoy life (and life really does begin at conception, the thing is not just tissue like a tumor. Just because he or she is attached to you, doesn't make it any less human. Heck, adults get "attached."). I went for a walk, earlier. God, the bay leaves. I snag a few off a nearby tree and take a whiff. It gets me every time. Sara and I are planning on going out tonight with some friends to eat Mexican dinner in Middletown. Oh yeah!

The friends didn't come, and we had Thai instead. I thought it was tasty, but we argued the whole way home.

All that you taste, smell, and see is all your life will ever be. And hear, and feel. I really felt the Matrix soundtrack, track 4. Some ***** named Ginger stole that cd from me. God or the devil is having a joke at my expense: trying to make me a ginger snap. Ah yes, the kurayamino remix (Clubbed to death). Screw "power ballads." Gimme some matrix! Apologies to Pink Floyd. Back in high school, I collected all the Led Zeppelin albums. I still have those tapes, including the live Song Remains the Same. I even read Hammer of the Gods. Someone, whose name anagrams to 'heavyset neck', told me they had a dream where I was performing in Led Zeppelin. Marcel is my black dog, now.

To return to the symbolic vortex, I want to describe my 5 connections to Al Gore. Jesse, first of all, is like Tennessee, as I have described. Secondly, Jesse means "gift" and gift in spanish is regalo, rearranged of which is Al Gore. Thirdly, my bacon number with Al is two (my dad introduced him as a speaker during his presidential campaign). Fourthly, I worked at Walgreens, which has Dubya, Al, and the Greens (Ralph Nader) all bundled up in the name. And finally, Al sums to 4, as 1,12 or 1,3. Gore sums to 9 this way, like my last name, too. It's a small world. In addition to regalo, other Gore words are algorithm and allegory and galore. What a trip.

Perhaps coincidentally, I had a globe (with a light in it, that glows) that suffered some global meltdown in the back seat of my car in college. Christ means christened with oil, so an antichrist is just against oil, and I AM for energy independence and solar power. I am the son of Annette Riddle, which has a vague relation to sol ar. And it makes sense that Al Gore would be concerned about global warming, if he was for solar power..

Am I being crazy? 'Reality', as My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult album sings, is the only word in the English language that should always be used in quotes.

No comments: