Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My religious background

I AM now, though

I was born after the summer of Love, to a happy hippy. She reads about nature and various religous literature. She talks to her friends in her head, as a well-adjusted schizophrenic. (Her friends are mostly schizophrenic). You might want to call it telepathy, instead. Annette named me Jesse.

I was adopted at age 4 by the Tesharas, Peggy and Larry, a school administrator and a social worker. Heaven is a kind of library, and service to others is God's work. Teshara anagrams to 'as earth.'

My mom's sister is a Catholic nun (Dominican), and my mom goes to Mass every day, if she can. My dad became Catholic when I was young. His mom was into seances and Christian science, and his dad was a boxer and milkman. I think of God as a man of war, with the fighting spirit. As for milkmen, that's why I made the musical impulse purchase of The Dead Milkmen, whose album, Soul Rotation, especially, totally rocks, in my opinion. They also sing I Dream of Jesus (on Not Richard, but Dick), I am the Walrus, Jellyfish Heaven, I Hate You I Love You, Methodist Coloring Book, Now Everybody's Me, and God's Kid Brother.

I am not Methodist, but I do have a Godfather named Richard/Dick, and a kid brother. There was some story about Jellyfish gathering off or in the SF Bay awhile back, like they were having a pow-wow or something.

I went to St. Stephen's (the first martyr, stoned) grammar school and St. Ignatius (founder of the jesuits, a soldier) College Preparatory, both in San Francisco (St. Francis, communer with nature). I was an altar boy, and considered becoming a priest in high school. I went to Mass with my family every Sunday obligatorily, and was a sometime attender of the Newman (a Catholic cardinal, an ex-Anglican priest who had believed the Pope to be the Antichrist) Center in college. I took a theology class freshman year, where I wrote a Credo (3 parts: On God, Morality, and Human Nature) as a (newly self-described) agnostic, which can be defined as alternatively a) there is no way of knowing if God exists, or b)there is 50-50 evidence for God's existence. In college, I went to the round table introductions of the various religous perspectives, which I highly enjoyed. I also took a class in Anthropology of Religion.

I read the book, Native American spirituality, by chief Eagle Feather or something (he's a lawyer, I know that), a Lakota Sioux, and identified strongly with it, as a lover of Nature, who identifies more strongly with the "divine" away from the city. To this day, though, I have never taken part in any Native American rituals, which I would sometime like to do.

I have read much of the bible, if not all of it (I'm not sure if I have or not); that is to say, I think I have. In any case, I don't remember it all. I also attended a few Buddhist prayer meetings. I both respect that their path to happiness can work, and resent that I should have to take any path at all, besides "my own."

This blog is the current chapter in my spiritual evolution. I'm on a "God kick" as they say.

By the way, mr. Adi Da, I'm an Aith level adept, lol.

No comments: