Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Big

Not just Belief In God 

The Universe is a big place.   Probably infinite, actually, unless my understanding of spatial dimensions is totally deluded.  There could be life out there.  Some of them might even have already visited us.  Or be living among us.  Not very likely, but possible.  I have no basis to assign numbers.  I just read some ufology.  Some believe we got technology from them.  I have no opinion on this.  Makes sense though.  If they got to us, then their tech would be more advanced than ours.  Of course, we should be wary of contact.  Diseases could wipe us -or them- out, just like the the diseases the conquistadors brought to the Americas.   That’s definitely a lesson from history.  In any case, it would be fun if humanity got its act together enough to “colonize the stars.”   Starting with Mars, baby steps.   We’d have to know terraforming, which to me sounds technical and complex and difficult and time-consuming, but I really know nothing.  Space is cold, dark, dangerous, vast, and inhospitable.  So let them come to us, I say.  Bezos and Musk should, like Gates, help with development and progress on earth, in my opinion.  But that’s not my decision.  Just my opinion.  

Earth is pretty big, too.  Around 8 billion people.   And lots of other life.  Heaven for all of us, because we’ve evolved to thrive here, God or no God.  Earth is the garden of Eden.   We need earth.   Does earth need us?  We can do amazing things.   We can also be pretty shitty.  Let’s all do our part, and not pollute, like driving cars, flying around in airplanes, throwing away plastic, and not recycling.   Water and electricity can impact too, like diet and farming practices.  So drive safely, and keep the impacts to a minimum.  Positive impacts from solar panels and electric cars and vegetarianism and recycling and local-source foods, for example, can really make a difference.  


Your head is a big place.  I know, I have a big head, lol.  But seriously, you can hold a lot in that noggin.  The number of possible synaptic connections is unfathomable.  We are Gods, basically.  We approach omniscience.   With computers, and corporations, and libraries, and universities, our stock of knowledge is near-endless.  Humanity is unbelievably wise, collectively.   So let’s not blow it.  


A grain of sand is actually, big, too, if you want to get technical.  Compared to a Planck length, which is the lower limit of size, supposedly, it is vast.    And theoretically, I imagine any finite space is infinitely divisible, a little universe unto itself.  So there.  Everything is big.


link

No comments: