Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Scorpion King

No, not the movie

William Golding, who wrote Lord of the Flies in 1954, also wrote The Scorpion God in 1971, the year I was born.

I am not a Scorpio. If I was born between Oct. 24 to Dec. 15, I could call myself one (by either tropical or sidereal astrology). I was born in September, before the Scorpio. The bastard in my head, David, however, I believe is a Scorpio. I ate a scorpion in China.

Anyway, I came onto this line of thought today because I was following my own Wikipedia links on apotheosis, and came across the Roman emperors and the Egyptian pharaohs. I got to wondering, since the pharaohs were the first to start doing this (officially, anyway, in history), who was the first pharaoh to have his people deify him? In other words, who got this Godman thing ball rolling, in the first place?

Turns out it was Scorpion or Ka or Narmer or somebody. Not really sure.

Anyway,
I bet it would still be possible to do today. A theocratic state with a god-leader.

In fact, someone with enough skillz could probably unify the entire world, politically, and ensure all basic needs are met on a sustainable planet, for starters. It could even be a fun world, for virtually everybody.

But I don't really want to be that person.
-I tested at 140 i.q. once, (but usually 120-something), and I don't feel qualified to step up and get crazy with the cheez whiz enough to take on anything as drastic as global revolution. I'll just write my blog. I AM God, I'm saying, but I'll exercise my power through the soft force of persuasion. Intelligent reasoning and consideration and debate should, with a fair dash of emotion thrown in the pot, sway people eventually to seeing the potential for a VASTLY improved world. A theocratic state may sound vastly outmoded or even repressive, but if you read my blog, you'll see I have a variant understanding of God, in which everyone can basically be all definitions of God, or whichever one they choose, themselves.

But if I did, I would:
1. Consider global threats, like a)alien invasion, b)global warming, c)superbugs, d)the sun exploding, e) catastrophic asteroid impact, or f) nuclear winter, as rallying calls toward global human unity. These are the 'sticks'

2. The carrots: Too many to list? Global cooperation on all problems. Freedom to travel anywhere on earth. No more wars, just crime. No more military expenditure. 'National interest' would not have a sinister tone to it. Basic needs met and maximized happiness, to boot. A sense of global community, and lessening of patriotism, nationalism, jingoism, racism, and exclusionary superiority and ignorance.

Consent of the governed would be key to any globally unified regime, and I see this as deriving from the principle that everyone can live in the culture and under the set of laws that they approve of. Unity by multiplicity. A kind of paradox, really. There REALLY SHOULD be social contracts, for everyone on earth, signed and posted. That's as far as I've gotten, in my theory.

The first book I looked at from my grammar school's library was an Egyptian history book. Hmm. And my mom is Pegy T. Jesse Marcel and aliens? Geez.

No comments: