Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

God's work vs. HELL

Make love not war.

Blessed are the peacemakers- Let's all be diplomats

Here's a link to an article on War, and it's civilian victims, in the Economist.

If I have any power at all, I will stop this shit.

Here's a summary of the salient points of the article:
1) hospitals bombed, with patients and people seeking refuge there, being killed, possibly by those who say they are defending them, for propaganda reasons.

2) Israel vs. Hamas? 1300 dead palestinians (about half, civilians) vs. 13 dead Israelis. (100:1) Destroyed infrastructure of an already weak and suffering society; repression.

3) Deliberate attacks on civilians have proven to be an appalling, if relatively effective, method of warfare. I.e. Congo and Rwanda and Sudan. "Widespread assaults on women in which victims are mass raped and disfigured, but not killed, seem to be a deliberate strategy to spread terror and trauma among Congolese who are seen as supporters of rival militias."

4) Ugh. "The second world war saw mass murder (in the Holocaust, notably) or wilful killing (the nuclear strike on Hiroshima, the firebombing of Dresden, the siege of Stalingrad) of tens of millions of non-combatants. Since then civilians have died in their millions in genocides (in Cambodia and Rwanda, for example) and non-combatants have been targeted as a part of “ethnic cleansing”, as in the Balkans wars of the 1990s when Serbs, Croats and Bosnians vied for territory."

Here's a link to a TED lecture, in which Chris Abani says good fights evil/ the world is saved "not through grand messianic gestures but through the simple accumulation of gentle, soft, almost invisible acts of everyday compassion." I agree. It's all God, but showing kindness is more God than walking on water or something, in my view. What else can God to do? Goodness, gracious. God, just do it.

No comments: