Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Credit Crunch

Mm, crunchy.

I don't like doing crunches (the exercise), but I do like crunchy (and chewy) granola bars. Basically, why do they call it a crunch? A contraction. We can all relate to chewing compressions, exercise crunches, and birth contraction. Economic language is a funny thing.
Anyway, here's a paragraph from the Economist:

The philosopher Bertrand Russell once remarked that he knew of only six people in the world who had followed his daunting book “Principia Mathematica” to the end. There sometimes seem to be almost as few people in Britain who truly understand the credit crunch and its recessionary consequences. The public is scared and uncertain; the politicians are panicky and confused. They are leading each other around and down a worrying spiral of ignorance.

To read the article, click on this link.

You don't want to spiral like a downed pilot, a shot bird, or a kite without wind (!)
Here's what I think of with the word "spiral."

I should be thinking of seashells, pasta shapes, staircases, and all kinds of good stuff.

I quote from the Huffington Post:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Renowned investor George Soros said on Friday the world financial system has effectively disintegrated, adding that there is yet no prospect of a near-term resolution to the crisis. Soros said the turbulence is actually more severe than during the Great Depression, comparing the current situation to the demise of the Soviet Union. He said the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in September marked a turning point in the functioning of the market system. "We witnessed the collapse of the financial system," Soros said at a Columbia University dinner. "It was placed on life support, and it's still on life support. There's no sign that we are anywhere near a bottom."

Look, there's no need to freak out, people. All we need to do, globally, is ensure everyone has food and shelter and security. This should be done on a volunteer basis. We're not all motivated by little slips of green paper. We're motivated by being comfortable and happy in a community of people who care for one another. Education can be effectively provided online and on tv, so that's a revolution. And farming and housing for everyone is a matter of putting seeds in the soil and people in buildings. Pretty simple. Economics shmeconomics. Relax. It's only the world economy giving birth to a new world order. (lol. I love to push your buttons).

No comments: