Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Path to God

is the path to love.

Love yourself, love one another, love your partner, love the one you're with.

Love life.

Love and be loved.
Love Love.

Activists create a better world in the loving of it.
Love the haters, love the sinner, love everyone.
All we need is love. (basic needs are met through love)

What's love got to do with it?
Love is agape, eros, phila.
That's fatherly love (stern, guiding, caring), and sexual love, and friendship.
Note: friendship is a form of love.

True love is all of the above.
When both would die for the other?
You can decide the truth of that for yourself.
-friendship, lovingkindness (or just kindness; hating-kindness isn't kind), caring ("who cares?" apathy is not love. Lovers care.), intimacy, companionship, sharing, trust...

Truly love yourself.
Religion, for example, can make you think you might want to die for yourself.
Be clean, pure. (psychologically)

If all in all is all we are, and you love yourself, then you love everyone.

The bible says,
-love thy neighbor as thyself
-love one another as I have loved you
-How fair is thy love, my sister, [my] spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices!
-Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
-He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
-let brotherly love continue.
-Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
-Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

An alternate translation of 4-7 goes as follows:
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous, it is ot inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it doesn not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I think "believes all things" is an AMAZING statement to apply to God.

Anyway,
The path to love could be the path to your bathroom mirror, or the nearest person to you, or you can navigate your computer to a chatroom or dating site or friends online or something. Go outside and start talking to people. Like a coffee shop. Or get a dog. If you want to see me, I'm in Calistoga. God awaits.

"God is love." - 1Jo 4:8
(He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.)

"I'm in a daze 'cause I found God" -Kurt Cobain
'You find god the moment you realize you don't need to find god'

No comments: