Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Master of Puppets


Metallica is military music...
And the military fights for...

Freedom!!!!

Yeah, yeah, perhaps only death is freedom. On the other hand, catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world. Or maybe climbing Everest. Or going into space. Or putting your kid to sleep. Or something.

While contemplating freedom to Metallica's Master of Puppets, I am reminded that if you want to be free of oppression, you have to rise up. If you want to be free of the law, even, you have to break it. Or become a lawyer, and change it. Or change public opinion. If you want to free your mind, you should take a trip to your local library. And don't forget to exercise. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.

I'm all about freedom.

I am not a master of puppets; that's my adversary, lord satan. He treats people like things, like puppets, like computers to be programmed, and remotely-controlled. He makes battlebots. He may even make you do good, but if you're not doing it freely, if you're brainwashed and subject to mind control and hypnosis, then it's not really you. Free your mind. Choose your path for yourself.

It's a long, hard road out of hell.

Freedom quotes
-Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose... -Janis Joplin
-The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse. -Jules Renard
-To be free is to have achieved your life. -Tennessee Williams
-As soon as man apprehends himself as free and wishes to use his freedom, his activity is play. -Jean Paul Sartre
-If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead. -lyric from Soundgarden, I think.

bible
-(from 1 Corinthians:) Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
-For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord's freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ's slave.

No comments: