Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Einstein on God

His letter explaining his views has been sold at Auction

And only 404,000 dollars (25x the pre-sale estimate), at that. "The letter was written to philosopher Eric Gutkind in January 1954, a year before Einstein's death. In it, the Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." Einstein experts say the letter supports the argument that the physicist held complex, agnostic views on religion. He rejected organized faith but often spoke of a spiritual force at work in the universe.

Sounds like me, frankly.

Everything has value, even the childish, in my opinion. If not for you, then for someone else. One man's trash is another's treasure. If you reject a belief, then you have at least been stimulated to think why you do so. As someone on the Supreme Court said, there's a "marketplace for ideas" and I believe every idea has it's opposite, and that's the beauty of life, you get to choose.

I'd also like to add that sex was one of both my parent's weaknesses (and perhaps strengths), and I am the product and expression of that. Also, the name of God, 'I am that I am' works as an expression of everything being alive, or having the spirit of God in it, if you break the phrase down into, "I am that. I am." So, whatever you may be thinking of or looking at...that's God! I think that's where the phrase, "it's all good" comes from. I remember when brothers used to call each other "blood" and "bad" meant good. That's baaad. My wife's bible says everything "bad" IS good, i.e. part of God's plan, which basically makes me angry. Evil exists. It's not me. I'm good. But there's a psychological principle at work which operates such that if you see the world positively, your life will get better, so my priests will say things like that from time to time. I forgive them. They mean well.

Maybe I'm being childish. I enjoyed my childhood. Life should be fun. We should play. We should all treat each other like toys, if not playfriends. Childhood is associated with innocence. Thus, adulthood with guilt. I want to say something about guilt. The law declares someone "guilty" when they are found responsible for committing a crime. This is weird to me. Guilt is a psychological state, not a verdict, not a legal term. If you're not guilty, then how can they declare you as such? Anyway, just because I'm an adult I'm not going to feel guilty about whatever people say I should feel guilty about. I like who I am, and I've had good reasons for any questionable things I've done. Should God feel guilty about creating an alligator? Vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord. The lord god almighty is above the law. Heck, he's above the earth. But I'm a loving god, so you don't have much to worry about. I turn the other cheek all the time. Hell, by the way, is a fairy tale. You die, you're dead, that's it. But if it, like heaven, makes you feel better, then by all means, believe as you wish. It could affect your future, what you believe -and that's what counts.

I just read The Secret, which speaks of this "spiritual force at work in the Universe." They call it a law, like gravity, in which you do what you enjoy, go with the flow instead of against it, and the matrix will grant you health, wealth, happiness, good relationships, and anything else you might want. That's my next post.

No comments: