Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, May 9, 2008

St. Christopher

The patron saint of travelers

I used to have a little medal on a chain I was given to impart safety on journeys. So I've heard of this dude, but I've never known much about him. Well, by request, on this 5-9 feast day of his (although he's not much of a recognized saint, having been removed from the list of feast days for lack of historical evidence to support his claim), I'll share a bit of what I learned on Wikipedia about "the man."

He was said to have the face of a dog ("cynocephaly"), although this is explained as being a literal interpretation of earlier language used to describe outlying tribespeople.

He may have never existed at all. "Christopher is simply Greek for "Christ-bearer", and it can refer, as in the Eastern tradition and in Jacobus de Voragine's explanation of the name, to St. Christopher's willingness to "take up the cross" - a common metaphor for converting to Christianity. Reprobus simply means "wicked person", so saying that Reprobus became Christopher amounts to saying "A wicked person became a Christian." Furthermore, no place claims to be the burial site of St. Christopher, which would be very unusual for a martyr."

So all that aside, via con Dios, or Go with God. When there's one set of footprints in the sand, you know, it was then that he carried you. God will set your path straight, etc. Yay, though I walk through the valley of death... In any case, it can't hurt. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Picture yourself there before you begin; visualize. Call on your power animal, lol. There are many paths, one destination.

No comments: