Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bible quotes on Love

God is love
He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
What is God?

Love can be agape, eros, or philia. APE, for short. God is kind of an APE. Agape, the self-giving love of God, is at the heart of the gospel, my New American Bible glossary says. It comes from the Father through Jesus, makes us "sons of God," and gives us the saving "knowledge" of God (1 Jn 4:7-5:4). Love is the one thing necessary (1 Cor 13:1-3), and to love is to fulfill the whole law of Christ (Gal 4:14; Rom 13:8-10).

1Cor13:4 says "love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

There are 280 bible verses with the word "love" in them, says Seek and You shall Find, a free online bible verse lookup service, of the KJV. A sampling:

Love is...
Deu 6:5And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Neh 1:5And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments

44. Psa 109:4For my love they are my adversaries: but I [give myself unto] prayer.
45. Psa 109:5And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
46. Psa 116:1I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice [and] my supplications.
57. Psa 145:20The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

59. Pro 4:6Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
64. Pro 8:36But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
66. Pro 10:12Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

73. Ecc 3:8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

76. Sol 1:2Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love [is] better than wine.
90. Sol 4:7Thou [art] all fair, my love; [there is] no spot in thee.
98. Sol 8:7Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if [a] man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

118. Hos 14:4I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

126. Mat 5:44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;139. Luk 6:27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

131. Mat 22:37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.132. Mat 22:39And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.143. Luk 10:27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

148. Joh 5:42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
159. Joh 15:12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
160. Joh 15:13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
(That's the love of a soldier, God bless 'em)

175. Rom 13:9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
176. Rom 13:10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

181. 1Cor 16:22If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
185. 2Cor 5:14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:186.
2Cor 6:6By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

197. Gal 5:22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

201. Eph 3:17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

207. Eph 5:25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;208. Eph 5:28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.219. Col 3:19Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.

228. 1Ti 6:10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

237. Phm 1:7For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother. 240. Heb 13:1Let brotherly love continue. 241. Jam 1:12Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

244. 1Pe 1:8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

248. 1Pe 3:10For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

250. 1Jo 2:15Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
252. 1Jo 3:11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
256. 1Jo 3:18My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
258. 1Jo 4:7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
259. 1Jo 4:8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
264. 1Jo 4:16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
266. 1Jo 4:18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

277. Jud 1:2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

279. Rev 2:4Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

280.Rev 3:19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

As I couldn't find a Book of Mormon versefinder online, I'll leave you with this link on love and relationships for Mormons. They of course use the bible, as well.

No comments: