Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Tech and Wallace

 Tech update

I’m currently reading Infinite Jest,  by David Foster Wallace.  I’m on page 466 of 1079.  It’s an actual portable reading device (ha ha, I mean paper book).  Not even halfway through.  It’s a monster.  I wish I could say the speed-reading book I read has helped, but I’m subvocalizing the hell out of it, I know this about myself, but I do it anyway…. I saw a commercial online for Sweater investing, that had a character named Jesse.   Am I supposed to bite?  I asked my Echo how to get rid of advertisement on my daily flash briefing, but it didn’t give me that option.  The brand new hat I ordered from Amazon came with a letter missing.  That pissed me off.   They should send me another one.   My roommate Michael says he’ll pay me to order on Amazon for him, he doesn’t want to be in their system.   And my blog didn’t come up on Michael’s Amazon Silk fire tablet, or whatever.   It did on google, and I made it a bookmark.   Michael is an ex professor, and he reads quite a lot.   I’ve asked him to contribute to my blog, but so far, nothing.   He melted the top of his tablet with a candle, which isn’t especially confidence-inspiring.   The last place he was in had a fire… he says it wasn’t him.  Anyway, so that’s 4 strikes for Amazon.  And apple keeps bouncing their music icon, but I have an amazon music membership that I’m happy with.  And the apple news screen keeps coming up, after I start my computer, but it requires purchase.   I already have news coming out my ears, with yahoo, wikipedia, echo flash briefing, the onion, Wapo 202, daily 1440, NYT (on kindle), and the (weekly) Economist.   So leave me alone,  apple.  I get apple news notifications on my apple watch and phone, too.  I wish they had Joe Frank on my Echo, like podcasts.  One of these days I’ll join the Joe Frank website.  I have more than 50 books in my room I haven’t read yet.    My friend Kate said I’m prepared for the next covid.  It sounds like we might be at the end of this thing, inshallah.  I have a lot of trivia cards, too, to fill the wait times.   I ask the Echo for jokes alot, too.   Sometimes they seem relevant to what I’ve been thinking. 

No comments: