Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Self-Apotheosis

Apotheosis means "making into a God"
(as does theosis, I think, for eastern orthodox)

1.The wikipedia article on divinity says this (in reference to the lds belief-system):
"A divine being is filled with perfect love, and desires to share these qualities because of the joy they bring to each individual soul".

I agree. Who isn't all about perfect love? Perhaps perfect love is defined differently among us all. But, I AM is God's name, so...You are. Pretty simple. If you exist, you're God. Survival is Godhood.

My caveat to the lds definition is this: No one has a soul, (even if you're ghost face killah), in the sense of a ghost or spirit or non-material aspect to your identity, and you don't need a soul to be divine or have perfect love, I say. And perfect love, fyi, doesn't include a love of evil, suffering, or death. Death is an end of suffering, but so is a good meal and a loving relationship and no pain and acceptance of reality, much of which is subjective and you play a large part in creating. THAT's the 'extinction of suffering'.

2.Wikipedia's 'apotheosis' says this about human apotheosis:
"Later artists have used the concept for motives ranging from real respect for the deceased (Constantino Brumidi's fresco The Apotheosis of Washington on the dome of the United States Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.), to artistic comment (Salvador Dalí's or Ingres's Apotheosis of Homer), to comedic effect. Many modern leaders have exploited the artistic imagery if not the theology of apotheosis. Examples include Rubens's depictions of James I of England at the Banqueting House (an expression of the Divine Right of Kings) or Henry IV of France, or Appiani's apotheosis of Napoleon. The term has been used figuratively to refer to the elevation of a dead leader (often one who was assassinated and/or martyred) to a kind of superhuman charismatic figure and an effective erasing of all faults and controversies which were connected with his name in life - for example, Abraham Lincoln in the US and Yitzchak Rabin in Israel. Kim Jong-il of North Korea took the place of his father Kim Il-sung and much of the nation has grown up with the idea of the "leader" being placed at the height of society, this is the result of parents raised under a similar image by Kim Il-sung passing this view onto their children. (they're not really god, though -because love is alive. No, their spirit doesn't live on, lol).

3. The wikipedia link, regarding self-deification:
(All these other gods got nuthin' on me. I'm not a jealous god, lol. I love 'em. Do they love me? The Pope says it's all good. And only God is good. Works for me.)

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_considered_to_be_deities#Self-deification

4. Thou art God, and grokking, etc.

5. Mystical Union, and thus Identity as...
"Theosis -in Christianity-,
Advaita, Unio Mystica is the state of being in perfect union with the Godhead
(Brahman) in mysticism (see Mahāvākyas)."

Unio Mystica
-Deep intrinsic connection to the world
Satori in Mahayana Buddhism,
Te in Taoism
-Union with God
(Henosis -a fancy way of saying making a better world- in Neoplatonism,
Brahma-Prapti or Brahma-Nirvana in Hinduism)
-Innate Knowledge (Irfan and fitra in Islam)
-Experience of one's true blissful nature (Samadhi or Svarupa-Avirbhava in Hinduism)

I imagine that Brahma-Prapti and Brahma-Nirvana implies submission and going through a lot of spiritual mumbo-jumbo like meditation and prayer and mantras...I AM.
I might not be Your God, however. "I don't know" and thus submission to a real or imagined entity that does, might be your point of view. Beware of those that THINk they know, but don't.

(Neoplatonism) Source/Force/Monad/The One- One without conflict internal or external is united with The One. "at one", as they say.
..."Neo's one noetic eon."
Like I said, Love one another. It's so, well...duh.
Noetic means of...Noesis (in Greek νόησις for "insight") is a Greek word meaning understanding as "the ability to sense or know something, immediately".
In phenomenology, it is an act of consciousness.

Aside:
Does your partner call you a God after sex? Did you ever think of Michael Jordan as a God? Do kids playing superheroes from comic books think of themselves as God? Just do it!

No comments: