Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
Ladies- I'm a single, straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 51) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BHO is IN

Cool

Barack's born on 8/4/61. That makes him a leo.

Leo (The Lion) (fixed, fire, social): Keyword: "I will". The Leo person is creative, generous, proud, fun-loving, dramatic, dignified, theatrical, passionate, affectionate, ardent, ambitious, loves attention, independent, noble, a leader, sunny, naive, magnetic, kingly, and powerful. They can also sometimes be bossy, jealous, patronizing, promiscuous, snobbish, egotistical, boastful, over self-conscious, and arrogant. Leos like to think that they are special and important. They love attention, and will do anything to get it. Suitable occupations are where leadership, bossiness, and powerful self-assurance can be displayed; such as manager, director, social organizer, chairperson, acting, person of the year. In medical astrology Leo governs the heart and spine. In astrology Leo is ruled by the Sun. The sun sign dates for Leo are July 23 — August 22. The fire form of Leo is a controlled bonfire.


I don't believe his presidency will be about pr, or style over substance.

He really is important. His dad was a senior (kenyan) government economist, which doesn't hurt. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he put some extra time into Kenya, and the ROW (rest of world), to lift up the poor everywhere, with some inspirational words in his fireside chats, or what have you.

my note to the Washington Post

If I were president, I would have these 2 simple ideas in my mind to keep me grounded and focused: 1)everything is logistics. We either move ideas or we move things. (God is a logistician). 2)Every challenge is an opportunity. Almost nothing is impossible. The will to do good is overwhelming and undertapped. Service is reducing suffering. Otherwise stated: increase happiness. So..First, do no harm. Killing does not increase happiness. No war, no nukes, no death penalty, etc. They say being anti-war creates more war. So pro-peace, life-affirming, pro-happiness policy. Reducing suffering might involve meditation, and calmness should inform the chaos. Mainly, basic needs are where it's at, globally. Not surviving is the worst kind of suffering. The dollar best spent might be deworming in Kenya, not a possibly unhealthy burger off the dollar menu, or part of a Harvard education you could get off Wikipedia. I'm not sure the president should be bogged in legal detail so much as inspiring the country to be global citizens, acting locally. 4yrs+ is a lot of time, though. It's 1460 days or 35,040 hours. I think slavery should be taken out of the Constitution, for one. Patriotism is nice and all, but I for one think nationalism should be de-emphasized.

Anyway,In short, I would have an unshakeable conviction in the feasibility of logistics to meet basic needs and make global, and gross national, Happiness.

I think the military, instead of destroying and killing, should develop the world, possibly without weapons, like an extension of the peace corps. We need that hard core attitude toward progress.
Economists that can see the big picture should pinpoint where CBA indicates the best investments are, of course. (cost:benefit analysis) But instead of thinking we need to rank everything, and do one thing at a time, my view is that we should have a plan for solving everything, with a sense of how long it will take, best case vs. worst case scenarios, and really go hardcore whole hog full throttle to attack all the problems (After all, it's all one big interrelated problem) and delegate and Just Do It and git 'r done and Yes we can until the progress and achievement and satisfaction snowballs until we have an amazing, vibrant, thriving, happy new world.

I just felt the need to say this in case policy wonks and legal eagles lose sight of the universe for the planet for the forest for the trees -or something.

No comments: