Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Washington Post

I make regular commentary to the online version of it (of late); Here are some:

Everybody should live happily, which entails living as they see fit. To me, this means the Republicans can have their own country, if they're really that unified and opposed. I don't recall signing any social contract. Maybe we all really should sign on to the laws we want to live under. There could be a patchwork of thousands of nations in America, defined by varying jurisdictions and legal codes, run as each region sees fit. I could be my own army of one, as they say, for example. Anyway, why should there be or must there be a consensus reality and morality? To each his or her own, enshrined in law! Viva la revolucion!

Personally, I think all communication is good, and the more, the better. It clarifies one's own thoughts, and helps the listener see into the process in someone else, if only a snapshot.In any case, Needing counseling can be understood in two ways: 1)You need to see a professional counselor, or 2)you need to talk (with me there?) about our problem. Counseling costs money. I think just sounding out ideas with regular Joe's could or can be just as beneficial, sometimes more.

Everyone involved should scrap the whole status quo, and start over. By this, I mean Israel should unify with Palestine, and both can call themselF (not -ves) something else, like Palrael or Israstine or something. No wall, and any problems would simply be domestic police matters, not international ones. I like More Religion, not Less' response, and I, as God, decree that everybody should just get along. If we want Iran to not have nuclear weapons, shouldn't we unilaterally disarm ourselves, to set an example? What about sovereignty? They have a right to invade us if we have a right to invade them, no? Must a nation be christian to pass moral muster, in terms of being allowed to join the nuclear club (the least prestigious club on the block, in my view)? Why do we have nukes. Space-aliens, threat of retaliation, what? F- the retaliation doctrine, I say. Ever heard of nuclear winter and escalation and innocent lives? It's time to change the mindset entirely. Iran is mostly moderate, I thought. Oh, and by the way, I interpreted Ahmadinejad's "wipe off the map" comment re: Israel not as a nuclear threat, because that would be utterly retarded, but as a desire for perhaps the idea of Palestinian-Israeli unification (Palrael?). Here's an idea: Distribute translated copies of 'Hiroshima' and Carl Sagan's work on nuclear winter to Iran. Also, treat everyone like they are "interesting." Everyone's a Mullah CIA agent, in my book, lol.

while I'm not sure I would call abortion "torture," I would still call it homicide. This is not a "faith position" as Barack has said. It is a scientific fact that life begins at conception. I, for one, as a happily adopted person, am glad I wasn't aborted.

I thought I'd mention here that 'Grave of the Fireflies' is also terrific war-themed animation.

egads. How hard is it to read and repeat an oath. geez. ugh. lol. actually, i want to know what bible passage he originally swore by (or did he affirm, and what's the difference?), and if he really has no quibbles with the constitution, such as that part that permits slavery..

I believe Life-affirming ideals inform Barack's worldview, which means he is pro-adoption, while still pro-choice. As CinC, he commands the military, which in my view, puts him in the position to commit the perfect crime, leading the gang, so to speak. The bible does say there's a time to kill, though. He is also pro-death penalty and anti-a lotta stuff, which the Secret says just creates more of whatever he's against.. I just pray he will let love rule, as Lenny Kravitz says. Love is pro-life, I would say :-). I would know, I'm adopted.

As an aside, he (POTUSA, Barack Hussein Obama), should make known what books he's already read, and reading. A good way for him to do this would be if he had something like Libary Thing (http://www.librarything.com/), which I use on my blog, to display what has influenced him, thus far. That would REALLY be indicative of an open administration, in my view. We could read his books, and be on "the same page", so to speak, in terms of political commentary.

The 2007 book, Solutions for the World's Biggest Problems, gives cost-effective answers to 23 of the most major global problems (it's 442 pp. long, but if you want a summary, I made a series of "book reports" on each chapter in my blog, under the heading SWBP, at http://jesseteshara.blogspot.com.) Happy reading!

"It signaled a generational shift in what women could be on the national stage." Ugh. They can be whatever they want. And should. Be a punk? Be a rebel? People should be able to wear anything. We're still not judging by content of character, ARE we? There's a conformity to rebellion, even. Fashion shmashion. Enough with the tyranny of aesthetic preferences. Who cares? Bathing suits and madonna cone bras. Yeah, whatever, nevermind, nothing's shocking.

Ol D.C. (or R.C., if you prefer) is a Methodist (RC is not RC). I have a Dead Milkmen album with the song 'Methodist coloring book' on it.Maybe Cheney was packing stacks of Methodist coloring books :-)

Random thoughts- A slytherin Harry Potter sensibility can get gross with "catching each other's eyes".. you can think of the woman/son, farmer, and teacher with a sense of synchronicity -or not.

The oath (or affirmation) {what's the difference?} is, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." He might not want to preserve it, though, exactly. Why not? It permits SLAVERY. Thought I'd just point that out.

everyone imagines their own god/God. And Rick Warren's idealization is such that gays (which can be defined as behavior or just inclination/identity)do not act morally (in the bedroom). I think his statement, ""any pastor could be considered doing hate speech if he shared his views that he didn't think homosexuality was the most natural way for relationships" was a bit tongue in cheek. "Most" is obviously a bit unfair.

I didn't read this whole article, but my reaction is this: my wife has a store. More money will cheapen each bills value. Do prices ever fall? They only seem to rise. Like our rent, for example. So I'm worried -which I know is the opposite, probably, of what the Fed wants me to be. Oh, well.

zero is a placeholder, and doesn't seem very mysterious to ME. 10 fingers is one grouping of our fingers, and everything else from that. The notion that nothing of anything could have the same symbol would have been obvious to an ancient mind, I assume, contrarily to the author. Oh, and binary does not require zero. Just on and off, which could be, say, 2 and 9, lol. And The zero effect was a good movie. Saved by zero, good song. It makes me think of sleep-sex (z plus eros). People say O my God, and I think a deity could be seen as neither positive nor negative. Zero begins with the LAST letter, hmm. Finally, zero could be nihility or oblivion.)

I don't often think this, but I believe Dubya is right. The automakers, in my opinion, shouldn't receive money unless it is tied to fuel efficiency production, like the air car.

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."- Albert Einstein

I'm adopted, and glad I'm alive. I don't think it's a morally valid position to be against abortion, and still remain pro-choice. That's like saying I'm against murder, but it should be legal. Life begins at conception, and the fetus is not the equivalent of a tumor or insect, people. We should teach our children to use both spermicidal foam and condoms, together, to really max out the improbability of conception.

Were the lawyers who fled the country more culpable than her? They could be free for the rest of their lives, no? But do female russian prisoners really have a higher birthrate, to get access to better conditions? I guess I don't care, really. Rarer sex could be better sex, and better sex could be more fertile.. I'm reminded of Kill Bill, with the line about "happened to get knocked up". I wish justice were just between, as well as within, countries.

"Defense has all the money and most of the deployable assets." - I am reminded of the old bake sale bumper sticker.. Here's a thought: spend money on making the world happy, and defense spending will become mooted. Spending on weapons, though fun toys for grown men, doesn't have the same happiness bang for the buck -so to speak- as $100 laptops or kindles or whatever, I think. Employ a happiness psychologist, figure it out. It being unhappiness, both general, and specifically, with the American people.

I think the U.S. needs to carefully consider and calculate how many (more? less?) enemies it will have to face, and where, upon ending it's wars, and do the long-term cost-benefit analysis thing. Personally, I think we should get out of Afghanistan, as they can't exactly swim here. Save the expense and beef up the border.

I think Obama should make his choice based on whatever would (have the potential to) relieve the most suffering in the world.

Does he really digest whole books in minutes? Some ad says he has an i.q. of 130. I'd like to know both, but mainly right now what I want to know is, can he dunk, too? I hope he won't rest on his laurels, and keep surprising everybody for a while to come.

No comments: