Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good God vs. Bad God vs. Atheism

Maybe these graphics can help you decide (not deicide...decide)







Do I believe in God? I don't believe in a Creator, who's a source of happiness..
but I recognize that belief in such may well have that effect.
I mean, okay, my parents made me, who's fairly happy.
I believe I can make myself happy (I'm doing so right now :-)
They say God doesn't believe in atheists..
Ha. Well, actually, I do. In both senses: they exist, and I believe in them.
The oracle at Delphi says, "Know thyself"
The matrix says Neo is "beginning to believe"
It's as simple as that: I believe in myself. I believe in God.
Hannibal (Lecter) thought the term "myself" was hokey.
Probably because he was crazy enough to have fluid sense of identity.
For example, if I call myself God, I could continully pick and choose what that means...
Don't worry, I call myself Jesse.
And my self is a kind, intelligent, loving, fun person. And stubborn for what I believe in.
I don't know what's real and what's hypnosis...
Am I the alpha human, or somewhere, say even 6 billionth or so, below?
Do I have a delusion of grandeur (I have a dog), or am I actually, shall we say, a person of note?
I happen to believe we're all equal, and I don't care where I stand, so long as I'm happy.
I'd like to think we can all be happy, and maybe I can play an important role in that.
I'm not seeking followers or a cult or praise, just a contribution to reader thoughtfulness, and hopefully, joie de vivre. When I say we're all gods, I'm saying we all deserve to be happy with our own delusions of grandeur as (gi)ants in this infinite universe.

No comments: