Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Elders Circle

YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION: I have a blog where I'm playing the role of God.It's received over a thousand readers so far, from around the world. I was wondering if you (all?) had any suggestions for what I should include in this, what I consider an ambitious, project. I kind of want to save the world, lol.Thx!-Jesse L. Teshara

ELDER RESPONSE: Please remember as you read this, Jesse, that we are not professional counselors but rather provide advice, thoughts, suggestions and observations based on life experience....and don't consider ourselves to be omnipotent. So I am approaching your request as a mere mortal and will pass along some thoughts...as well as my observations.
(my response: I don't consider myself immortal or omnipotent, if you thought that...but maybe I'll live to 120 and (continue to?) be a major player?)

My first reaction when reading your letter was here's some teen age kid with too much time on his hands. But then I did check out your blog and changed that thought. Now it's...here's a 37 year old man with too much time on his hands and in urgent need of a life. (my response: I like my life, I don't have enough time to do all I want, but maybe it would be happier amongst more people -reinforces my own belief)

Do you need professional help? I don't know but I noted that you referred to yourself as schizophrenic...so treatment may be in order. I'll leave that up to you but you may want to give it some thought in one of your more rational moments. (my response: I still have tormenting symptoms; i.e. headshocks and voice, I receive treatment & take medication, and have both a doctor and psychiatrist...do you think my blog premise is irrational? I think it sucks how people think they're more rational than you because they don't have a mental illness. Maybe part of having mental 'illness' can be being so damn rational in the first place).

But I'm assuming that your heart is in the right place...regardless of where your mind might be...and you are trying to be helpful to folks. I say that because I went to your site and perused it. To be honest I would have not spent 5 seconds on it if I had come across it on my own. A guy calling himself God? You might think of it as an attention getter but for many in this world it would be a turn off. A lot of people...myself excluded...are very sensitive on this subject...and calling yourself by that name might even get you killed in some parts of the world. After all millions of people have died over the centuries in His...your?....name. By the way. Whose side are you on anyway? Never was able to figure that one out.

response
(Does it matter if my heart is in my foot, lol? Died in my name? What does that even mean?? My name is a word! Turn off...weird expression. Anyway, I'm on everyone's side. I'm for everyone being happy. I believe life is not a zero sum game between people who are happy from being evil and happy from being good, but that everyone is a piece of the global puzzle, the majority I would say who haven't found their place in it yet. All needs can be met, including aggression, peaceably. Everyone gets killed, if only by time. Might as well say my peace (sp?). I am partisan to no religion or country. Why should believing I am Love get me killed? They say love believes all things, but I don't believe that, lol. Okay, I'm being stupid. Maybe something like 'God is the size of the universe' and 'God is the size of the head of a pin' can both be true, for example, in two ways: there's a universe in the head of a pin, or b) our entire universe is in the head of a much bigger pin), and everything can be true, in the same sort of way. God believes I am God, lol. Maybe God sees things both as they are and in oodles of ways that they could be, and also ideas and their opposites as both being true, some perhaps more true than others. People think Jesus deified himself and look what happened to him, and only the good die young, so I shouldn't be a Gody two-shoes, and to them I say, yeah whatever -I'll live).

But it would appear that you are providing resources for people who are looking for help. However if they don't get past the opening then it's not going to do anyone...including you...much good. Like with most things in life it's not necessarily the product but rather how it is delivered...or presented. And then we get into overkill.......!! There's a lot of that on your site as well. Shock value sometimes works...but usually not for long...and saving the world is going to be a long, tedious and likely unattainable task. Many have tried and all have failed. But sometimes it's easy to get caught up in your own BS. Even worse you can develop the BYOB syndrome....believing your own bull. The beginning of the end. (point well taken, remain humble)

So what can you add or include in the site? How about less is more? A little editing might be in order. It would seem you have a lot of computer skills and, I suspect, may even work in the IT industry. But it might be a good idea to get out of the cubicle and into the real world. You want to save the world? A noble...but, as I said, a likely unattainable goal. A better objective...in my mind... would be to make a difference in at least one person's life. That might take a little more hands on...other than the keyboard. I would hope that you might consider that. It would seem that you have the background and education to make a difference in this world...assuming the things you say about yourself are true. But in order to do so people need to take you seriously....and who can take someone who calls themselves God seriously? I'm giving you more credit than I normally would since I did look at the site....but 1000 people out of 6.5 billion? You still have a long way to go. So don't forget the little person out there who you might help today...on a one on one basis. You might find it to be more satisfying....and attainable. Who knows? That person you help may end up saving the world in the future? One never knows.

(I don't know what to say..only one person reading my blog could save the world, I guess, too. And as for 'Big Me' and not forgetting the 'little person', I'm trying to empower everyone by giving them a sense of their own godhood, instead of submitting to forces unknown, which could be evil mind control. Someone might take me seriously... and I think that might be a powerful thing to make a better world, if they decide I'm their God or guru or something, which is not something I necessarily am asking for or want. We're all big and we're all little, and we should be able to think of ourselves as we want).

This may not be what you were looking for but then...like you...I do things my way. Anyway I wish you well....and again...you might be more successful if you de-deify yourself and come down and live among us mortals. Have a great life.

By the way. How's that bicycle fund doing? :-)
(well, not good, as I suppose you may have guessed... :-)

Best Regards,WebDate Requested: 12/31/2008Response Date: 01/04/2009 http://www.elderwisdomcircle.org/

No comments: