Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
Ladies- I'm a single, straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 51) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, January 16, 2009

God's letter to POTUS Barack Obama

Dear Barack,

I am SO happy for you and hopeful for your presidency and the next 4-8 years of a revitalized American spirit of coooperation and action toward a better world. You have inspired me and I look forward to helping you. Do you like the band Presidents of the United States of America? They have a song called 'Peaches.' Barack means 'peach' in Hungarian (I read on Wikipedia). Don't get impeached! I see a strong future of change, improvement, progress, betterment, development, hope, and positivity that snowballs and gets better and better, because we collectively will it so. That's a lot of words for a basic concept: All we do is move things. We move ideas and things. Simplicity. God is a logistician. TWA, my (corporate) acronym for Thoughts, Words, and Action is the other basic paradigm for the same thing. Thinking/Saying moves ideas; Doing moves things. Rules for action: First, do no harm. Second, set an example. If the bible could be distilled into two words, or religion in general, it would be this: Do Good. My high school's motto was 'Be a man for others.' Service is only two things: Reduce suffering, and increase happiness. You are in an excellent position to do both (as are we all, really!). I believe you have sought power to be life-affirming. Thou shalt not kill. No war, no abortion, no death-penalty, and no nukes! The Secret says being anti-war creates more war. So, in other words, I'm pro-peace, pro-adoption, pro-turning your life around, and only using the military as an instrument of DEfense. Ideally, the world should have no militaries. The us/them mentality is a false consciousness. We are all human. The second step to reducing suffering, besides not killing people, is to meet basic needs. These are: Food + Water, Shelter (+ Clothing), and Health (+ Vitality). Mental health requires Peace, Comfort, and Security. You might also want to add love, companionship, and friendship. That's it! These needs can be met for everyone, worldwide. There is no excuse for it to be otherwise. Survival, in good health, is a basic human right. All of humanity should care for each other. As George Bernard Shaw said, "There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it." God is love, and kindness is my religion, to borrow from the bible and the dalai lama. But we must go beyond ensuring survival. A thriving, vital, love and happiness must be our goal. You should try to be a Happiness-in-chief! Gross National Happiness is, I believe, more important than GNP. The Science of Happiness should guide policy. Don't get down. Challenges are opportunities. You have the goodwill of the world and the nation. Mobilize your supporters to collect ideas, and post them all, online. Create a vigorous dialog and debate, and solicit ideas from around the world, young and old, all governments, all perspectives, to create a database of solutions to problems. Yes, we really can. As Nike says, just do it. Harness the power of the people. It's not on your shoulders alone. You spearhead a movement. There is a hunger for change. When the people lead, the leaders will follow. And you have eloquently described, better than most, this understanding that you are part of a team effort, as I'm sure a basketball mentality has contributed to. Let's be global citizens and ensure the Millenium Development Goals are met, as a bare minimum. We can do SO much. I have written summaries of the each of the 23 chapters of Solutions for the World's Biggest Problems, a 2007 book edited by Bjorn Lomborg, on my blog, which I have put love into, so anyone with a computer can learn about and lobby for the many excellent ideas in this book. My personal belief, which differs from the premise of the book, is that ALL problems really can be solved, if we put our minds to it and stopped talking so much, watching tv, etc. and took action. But the book is a source of good ideas on how to get the ball rolling, most cost-effectively. If you ever hit up my blog, I hope you like it! Peace, health, and happiness-

Your friend,
Jesse L. Teshara

citizen advisor to POTUS :-)

post script: Logisticians
Average annual earnings: $64,250
Average beginning salary: $38,280

-The picture is of Fidel Castro's letter, age 12, to the US president.

No comments: