Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Good

On Racism and Other Ills

Scientists tell us race doesn’t actually exist.  We are all just humans.  Everything else is bullshit.  The only exception would be a humanzee, or yeti, or something.  Personally, I identify with animals more than I do a country.  I am more a mammal than an American.  I mean, I like America.  But I wouldn’t fight for it.  I wouldn’t fight for my mother, either.  I admit I am not a lawyer and am unfamiliar with comparative law, and so couldn’t choose one country over another, rationally, based on a match with my values. The supposed social contract is not really a contract, just as Americans aren’t cooked together in a melting pot (unless you’re on acid, maybe, lol).   I am more of a yeti than I am a white man.  I like nature, and have a survival instinct, and eat meat, and am at home under the stars, whether that be in Africa or any American city.  I take after gorillas.  I listen to gorillaz and lift weights at a gym for hypertrophy.  A reference to gorrillas shouldn't be racist.  I’m just saying we’re all more gorilla than we are black or white.  There’s no white alpha male or black alpha male.  All humans are on this rock in space, spinning around, getting closer to death, and we should get along.  We could fight, like different ant species do, but that would be stupid.  Why make each other suffer?  Why can’t we recognize our common humanity?  We can all help each other.  We can all be good.  Soldiers should be a profession that is gradually going out of style, and becoming progressively more obsolete.  Cops, too.   We shouldn’t be twisted by hatred, spite, malice, cruelty.  
   If there’s a God, it’s the same god for everybody.  We’re all the same, destined for the same oblivion.  We don’t need to hate each other for being different.  We look different, believe different things, speak different languages, root for different teams, and belong to different countries.  But nationalism is delusional and stupid.  We all need to be safe, and cultures diverge widely, but self-interest is the national interest is the global interest.   So travel and speaking more than one language and trying different food and listening to all kinds of music and watching foreign films is on the menu for all of humanity.   We are all actors, and we should play different roles, too.  We don’t need to define ourselves narrowly.  Global health and wealth is a precondition for all our individual well-beings.  We should not be trying to make anyone else poorer.   The rising tide lifts all boats.  Our differences are trivial, our similarities profound.   We all want the same things.  There is a global culture.  We don’t need to retreat into cocoons and isolate from one another.  Happiness is engagement.  Let’s make each other happy and rich!  Respect!  Selfish greed and acquisitive criminality are a temptation to all, but compassion and peace and equality and love will win the day.  Kindness and cooperation and empathy and virtue and blah blah blah.   I’m not a priest.  You get what I’m saying.   Love-bliss and warmth, friendship, community, laughter, humanity is self-evidently superior to war, torture, death, suffering, sin, hatred.   
    Do the right thing!  Make the world a better place.  Reduce suffering, increase health, wealth, comfort, peace, love, and happiness.   We’re all just animals trying to survive and thrive on this spaceship earth, spinning around our days, rotating and revolving around the sun.   Progress is basic needs met, and being satisfied with ourselves and each other.  Satisfaction and contentment is heaven.  Stay safe.  Stay free.  Stay strong.  Love life!  You only live once.  Live!  Be yourself.   Do you.  Me?   I just read the news, listen to music, exercise, write, read books, walk dogs, and enjoy stuff like martial arts, body building, Joe frank, wikipedia, and being in nature.  Sometimes I’m uncle Jesse, which is also fun.  I like to go to different religious services, to keep things interesting, with variety.  Occasional standup comedy and movies and travel keep things spicy, happy, tasty.   Maybe drugs are your thing, but I don’t even drink alcohol that often, myself.   Okay, enough pontificating.   May the force be with you.   Atheism is a path to god, the hindus say.   Maybe being god is a path to atheism, lol.  What say you?  Life is just chess moves against the devil?

No comments: