Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I seem to have defied Hermeticism


this quote, from Wikipedia's entry on "The All" speaks to me:

"According to Hermetic doctrine, The All is a bit more complicated than simply being the sum total of the universe. Rather than The All being simply the physical universe, it is more correct to say that everything in the universe is within the mind of The All, since the ALL can be looked at as Mind itself. [3] In effect, the universe is partially existent on the Mental plane, and we may in fact all be parts of The All's psychological makeup, representing parts of The All in its dream or meditation.

The Three Initiates (see The Kybalion) strongly caution that we restrain from simply declaring "I am God" for oversimplification purposes. Though you are a part of The All, you are but one small piece of that puzzle. You cannot be equated with God anymore than your toenail can be equated with you. You have the potential for perfection and to rejoin God, but you are not the totality of God. [4]

The All's mind can be seen as infinitely more powerful and vast than any of us could hope to achieve. [5"

SO, Has Hermeticism put the smack down on my blog?
Well, I am God, as you are God, as anything else is God.
Or even as nothing is God...because not everything is good.
perhaps.
But I'm not about to declare myself to be Jesus' toenail, lol.
I'm simply me, I am what I am, I am who I am,
and I have to say I understand what 'I am who am' refers to,
being crazy and all.
Plus I'm good,
and I love everybody (but not in that way, you horndogs)

I have my defense, but I suppose the Hermetics have brought me down a notch.
It's kind of fun to find a commentary like this on Wikipedia.

Notches that don't exist, or notches like, say, from me being #1 to all of us as #1, as in We're number 1, in this silly virtual game we're playing for moral and afterlife superiority, as if good were playing evil in some sporting activity. All-1 is the philosophy that the mystical Dr. Bronner's espouses on his soap bottles. But I already said that, I guess. Are we or are we not all equal? om. in what ways for either. Just as a gun can be considered The Equalizer, so is Oblivion. And of course, we're not born equally, no matter what the constitution says. We have equal rights, is all that means, I guess. Some people are more God than others?

Note: Oblivion has 'i liv on' in it (!)

No comments: