Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Part of Something Bigger than Yourself

Spirituality and Religion

You can be a member of an organization, or fight for a cause, or be a member of a religion, or cult, or philosophy (such as humanism), or all of the above.

The main point is, people feel good when they're part of something bigger than themselves. You can do this by 1)subsuming your identity to an external form, or 2) making all of reality conform to you.

2 is obviously crazy, but some of us keep fighting the psychic winds.

I think 1) is a follower, and 2) is a leader. I'm crazy, and I'd like to think I'm crazy-sane, and so a truly mad world should conform to me. The leader of all the leaders is basically the alpha gorilla or something, so I think it should be a real, not imaginary entity, and I think I'm a fairly swell guy, so I'm having some fun and calling myself God.

Maybe it's anarchic, but I think you might want to consider trying it, too. You have just as much a right to be happy and control the universe as anyone else. God, out. Have fun.

Also, humans are like birds that fly in a flock, it's a collective mind, with what I assume is varied leadership, and although in our culture we often see ourselves as individuals, we're just conformists and meme-carriers and swayed by the winds/news cycle, and basically what I would say are much less independent than we think we are. Even rebels have a conformity to them. In any case, ideas happen in different minds simultaneously, and there's this idea of a collective unconscious, as well. They say life is but a dream, and maybe the people sleeping on the other side of the earth (or who were awake all night) are pushing us around in their dreams, or dreaming up some reality. I don't know the big picture. Scientists are after a theory of everything, but will supercomputers generate the NEXT step, a LAW of everything? Maybe only then will free will be a possibility. Happy blending in with the psychesphere matrix, y'all.

Interesting link to a story about Jesus and an A.D. being struck by lightning twice, each.
Feel the pow-ah!! (sorry, if i did that)

No comments: