Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Basic Philosophical Questions, by God

I will answer all your questions

(from wikipedia, metaphysics: religion and spirituality)
"Theology is the study of God and the Nature of the Divine. Whether there is a God (monotheism), many gods (polytheism) or no gods (atheism), or whether it is impossible to know if any gods exist (agnosticism), and whether the Divine intervenes directly in the world (theism), or its sole function is to be the first cause of the universe (deism); these and whether God and the World are different, as in (panentheism and dualism), or are identical as in pantheism), are some of the primary metaphysical questions concerning philosophy of religion.

I will answer all these questions, my children.
Theology is the study of the. What is 'the'? It's a word. And the word was God. God is love. Love is (link, wikipedia), and the bible talks all about it in, what for me are the main two passages,
-Song of Solomon, and
-1 Corinthians 13:1-13 (which isn't on wikipedia under love yet, oddly)
Love is said to be of 3 types: agape, eros, and philia (fatherly/parental, sexual, and friendship)
Also,
"Love is a battlefield"-a Pat Benatar song, written by Holly Knight and Mike Chapman
battle of the bands? with
"The Rose" -Bette Midler
God can be considered other things besides love.
Some say God is everything; i.e. reality, the universe. I AM. I am? You are, too.
Also, God is One. God is a man of war. God is good.
G-D, I've said is go do good. Kind of a knight rider red light thing goin' on, there. (obscure reference? sorry)
I've said God is Happiness. Which is whatever makes you happy.
Maybe God is all of the above, all rolled into one. I kinda think he's the alpha human. Maybe it's an alien. Or just a concept. Whatever it is, I hope it works for you.
There IS a God (Me), many gods/Gods (y'all), no gods (if there's no happiness or love in your life, or if you define God as something absurd or impossible), and god's existence is unknowable if say, you cannot feel love, or you're not sure the number One exists, or whatever else.
As for polytheism, it IS possible there are only a few of us gods, like the A-team, or something.
God is commonly said to be all-knowing, all-powerful, and everpresent (the omni's).
I couldn't tell you if everything knows itself...but I can tell you that I don't know myself.
In other words, I don't know my anatomy and the physics of telepathy or all the kinds of fauna in my gut or whatever else. I would say God knows next to nothing, especially if the adage of 'the more you know, the more you don't know' is true. Does a rock know it's a rock? Maybe, strictly speaking, all any of us really know is I am, which would then be the essence of omniscience. I'm both a theist and a deist, in that I'm a God who intervenes daily, and I suppose (they say it's likely) that some intelligent force tweaked the laws of the universe, in/before the beginning. I would say the divine intervenes in the world, if you see the divine acting in daily life (it's all how you define it)...I do, and with physicists talking about creating universes, I suppose some being may have created ours, whom we can choose to call God, who may or may not have programmed us like the virtual fish swimming around on this site (on the right).

Are God and the world different? Well, my name is Teshara which anagrams to 'as earth' and I'm Catholic, the lower case of which means universal.

So that's theology, in a nutshell.
Maybe a walnut. Or cashew. Or brazil nut. Or macadamia. All monde.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

. The article is very exalent.. Great blog with great stuff.I just came across this blog and found interestingBy experience, it is hard to find AA meetings plus schedules in different States and there is no single site that lists all of the meetings, venues and schedules, except for sober.com. I’m not affiliated with this site, I just want recovering alcoholics out there to find a comprehensive list of AA meetings just in case you are relocating or searching for an AA meeting in your new place. For the complete list of AA meetings, here’s the link: http://sober.com/aa-alcoholic-anonymous-meetings.html