Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, December 15, 2008

God's Blogs by Lanny Donoho

You know, I had to get it.

My mother-in-law bought it for me, after much effort. She read it, too, and thought it was "hilarious" in the tone of voice appropriate for one who had suffered through so much to acquire it.

Anyway,
I'm not sure why he called it a blog, or blogs (plural), but maybe I should cash in, too. It's subtitled, Insights from HIS site, but it was written in '05, before I even wrote this, although, to be fair, some other Gods had written blogs then, but I don't see any excerpts from their blogs in his BOOK, either. Oh well, and O my God. Actually, now that I look at the cover, the God's Blogs is preceded by an "imagine...", so I, God, apparently am a fiction of Larry Donoho's imagination, lol.

I anticipated links and excerpts from actual blogs, such as the blogs listed on this site (at the sidebar). Whatever, though. I enjoyed Lanny's book. His picture is right where it says "I enjoyed an exhilarating glimpse of God." Which is what I've been saying all along (although I admit this blog does not include a picture of me, due to reasons amidst the heavenly choir).

In the last page of his Thankyou's, at the end of the book, He says he wrote his blog for his 3 sons, Landon, Andrew, and Evan, so this book is all about God the Father, you might say. In his profile on page one of his "blog," he says "Oh...and I really like how I made you. You are different and wonderfully unique, and I created you that way in your mother's belly. I consider each of you My masterpiece." So that's pretty much the alpha and omega of it.

Unless you consider the "happy ever afterlife" part, which I thought was cute. I was thinking about virtual reality today, and I thought to myself, "self" I said, "If physicists today are talking about 11 dimensions and the cusp of a theory of everything and even theorizing about the making of a universe, where will we be in a million years?"

With this in mind, it might not take that long to create a universe (identical to?) ours, in which we can live forever, happily (i.e., heaven). I dunno, but I think it would have lots of planets, where all kinds of alternate realities can actualize, and a painless, continually interesting, eternity can be had by all. Just a thought. The Secret says "Thoughts become things." We'll see.
(Then again, heaven may already exist!)

Of course, my own god-blogging might say about me that I really, really want to be a dad. That's true. We'll see about that, too.

Lanny is going to post (excerpts from? the entirety of?) his blog (God's blogs, he calls it) online at some point. I'll post the link to it when it becomes available. I've already posted the link to his book for purchase.

No comments: