Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cleanliness is next to...

Sorry y'all for not writing in awhile. I've kept myself busy. Busy, busy. Business is busy-ness. Happy Thanksgiving. Here's a prayer I'll share that was said at the service I attended for it:

15 thank-you's:
1. I want to thank you, God, for what you have done for me. I'm not going to wait to see the results I want or to receive rewards I'd like. I'm thanking you right now.
2. I'm not going to wait until I feel better or until things look better. I'm thanking you right now.
3. I'm not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop doing what they're doing. I'm thanking you right now.
4. I'm not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears. ITYRN.
5.I'm not waiting until my financial situation is better. ITYRN.
6. I'm not going to wait until my world is quiet and peaceful. ITYRN.
7. I'm not going to wait until I get the job I want or the promotion I'd like. ITYRN.
8. I'm not going to wait until I understand every situation and experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief. ITYRN.
9. I'm not going to wait until the journey gets easier or challenges are removed. ITYRN.
10. I'm thanking you because I'm alive.
11. I'm thanking you because I made it through another day.
12. I'm thanking you because I have walked around difficult obstacles.
13. I'm thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and to do better.
14. I'm thanking you because you have not given up on me.
15. God is so good- in so many ways- all the time.

Anyway, to the titular point. I really enjoyed this article from today's (Dec. 3, '08) Christian Science Monitor. If you like natural beauty, and live in an urban area, you might find it inspiring.

LINK.

No comments: