Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Pro-Choice Argument

Keep your laws off my body

1. The foetus has no consciousness; experiences no pain; is not a person; is like a tumor; is like a leach; is tiny; is not human; removing it is like swatting a fly; is unwanted; is better off dead; is a threat to the life of the mother; would contribute to overpopulation; would be an inconvenience; would be painful to give birth to; requires the mother to eat healthy and not smoke or drink; and, is attached to me, and therefore a part of me, a part of my body, for me to do what I wish with.

2. We believe in freedom. Pro-lifers would take away my legal right to abort during the first trimester.

3. If abortion were illegal, women/girls would have them anyway, resulting in unsafe illegal abortions. Birth control doesn't always work. Adoption may not always be the best option.

and,
4. I personally don't have the right to have a say, because I'm a man. Huh.

Pretty strong stuff.

I'm still pro-life, though. I've already explained why. Basically, it's still murder, even if it is a bit like swatting a fly, which I've done plenty of. Meat is murder, too, and I love meat. Still, life begins at conception, and I empathize with the fetii (is that a word?) who I would imagine would tell their mothers they don't want to be snuffed before they're even born, if they could see their lives ahead. There are abortion snuff films on the internet. I personally believe adoption IS always the best option. Of course, not all prospective adoptive parents would be like mine were, I suppose. Then again, anything's better than being murdered.

As for keeping laws off bodies, maybe I'll get the law tattooed on mine if an abiding respect for life gets enshrined by it.

If people started adopting babies instead of aborting them, having love for children instead of considering them as merely agglomerates of cells, gave love instead of considering themselves empowered by committing homicide on their own children, then maybe they wouldn't be so pessimistic about the future lives of their children in the first place. Adoption is the loving choice. Grow some plants, adopt a pet, be pro-peace, support life-imprisonment in a positive environment as punishment for heinous crimes, and consider adopting a child. That's what being pro-life is, as I see it. Enjoy life, eat well, fall in love, have passionate sweaty sex, work doing something you love, travel, follow your bliss. Abortion is just death. LIVE!

No comments: