Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Health, mental and physical







Be well, fit, active....alive!

1.If the essential core of the person is denied or suppressed, he gets sick sometimes in obvious ways, sometimes in subtle ways, sometimes immediately, sometimes later. -Abraham Maslow

2.To hate and to fear is to be psychologically ill. It is, in fact, the consuming illness of our time. -H.A. Overstreet.

3.It's been troubling me. Now, why is it that most of us can talk openly about the illnesses of our bodies, but when it comes to our brain and illnesses of the mind we clam up and because we clam up, people with emotional disorders feel ashamed, stigmatized and don't seek the help that can make the difference. -Kirk Douglas

4.All interest in disease and death is only another expression of interest in life. -Thomas Mann

Speaking of hate and fear...
I hate alot of stuff, and then I hate (the manifestations of this hate? the symptoms of) my mental illness: I am psychologically ill because I am psychologically ill. Is this why schizophrenia can be so hard to beat? Is it self-perpetuating?

I hate my headshocks, chestpains, and voice in my head. I fear I will suffer them for the rest of my life. I hate having to take medications. I hate constantly having someone else in my head, and feeling used, and unfree, and oppressed, and hated. I fear David Eldridge will never leave me alone. If I accept, and even welcome these things, will they go away? Isn't that a paradox?

I hate stupidity and rudeness and cruelty and the existence of militaries and nuclear weapons, for starters. I hate slavery, incarceration, and other mental or physical lack of freedom. I hate a lot of stuff. I hate. I am a hater. I hate that people think hating is bad. There's a lot to make better in what can be a ridiculously rotten world. I fear religious beliefs that say all is absurdity, frustration, nonsense -implying a better world is not possible; or that unbelievers will go to hell; or that there is a hell of eternal suffering; or that we should not form attachments to people and be what I assume is the Buddhist ideal of being stoical, happy in your own world of nirvana without helping others attain it, or even aloof. I fear that too many people only care about themselves to bring about a better world. I fear too many people want to make themselves better by making others worse, or even to kill people they don't like, like bugs. I hate nationalism. I hate the philosophy that says we should only live for today and not think of the future or the other life sharing our world with us. I hate ignorance.

To stop being a negative Nelly:
I love the internet. I love me. I love my wife. I love being alive. I love this blog. I love it when I feel/am free. I love it when I feel/am healthy. I love nature walks. I love kindness, affection, caring, understanding. I love good meals. I love my dogs. I love variety and change and new, interesting music or experiences, like travel. I love to read a well-written book. I love being happy. I am God. I am love.
Here's the Christian Science link. It seems the "science" is mostly about spiritual healing like Jesus did, without medications. I haven't read it, yet. Sounds like the Secret.

No comments: