Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Love Quotes

Love







1. God is love. (God is good. Thus, Love is good. Love is a battlefield? God is a man of war. The art of war is deception:)
*I am the way, the truth, and the life -Jesus
* The body never lies -Martha Graham
*The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else. -George Bernard Shaw
*Don't use that foreign word "ideals." We have that excellent native word "lies." -Henrik Ibsen
*lies! lies! lies! lies! lies! lies! LIES! -Metallica
*lying is bad -my mom (but lying is legal, except under oath)
Love Almighty!
2. Serve God, that He may do the like for you. -the teaching for Merikare
3. Love is a reciprocity of soul and has a different end and obeys different laws from marriage. Hence one should not take the loved one to wife. -Alessandro Piccolomini
4. Husbands, love your wives.
5. What one has to do, usually can be done. -Eleanor Roosevelt
6. I love it, I love it; and who shall dare, to chide me for loving that old armchair? -Eliza Cook
7. Prayer gives a man the opportunity of getting to know a gentleman he hardly ever meets. I do not mean his maker, but himself. -William Inge
8. I never loved another person the way I loved myself. -Mae West
9. The best way to know God is to love many things. -Vincent Van Gogh
10. Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. -Alexander Smith (vanity of vanities, all is vanity)
11. Beauty is the gift of God - Aristotle . (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
12. Only the really plain people know about love. The very fascinating ones try so hard to create an impression that they soon exhaust their talents. -Katherine Hepburn
13. That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude -Alexander Haig
14. Agape, eros, and philia are the forms of love. -religion class
15. We live very close together. So, our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama
16. Personally, I like sex and I don’t care what a man thinks of me as long as I get what I want from him - which is usually sex. -Valerie Perrine
17. Romantic love is mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one. It’s a drug. It distorts reality, and that’s the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw. -Fran Lebowitz
18. The best mirror is an old friend. -George Herbert

God and angels
All you need is love.-Beatles
Love is a metaphysical gravity. -R. Buckminster Fuller
Angels fly because they take themselves lightly. -G.K. Chesterton. lol. I'm an angel! whee!

No comments: