Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Good vs. Evil quotes

"I hate quotations" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is no good casting out devils. They belong to us, we must accept them and be at peace with them." -D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930), British writer, Phoenix, 1929, "The Reality of Peace"


"Evil is live spelled backwards." -anonymous

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." -Mae West.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." -Socrates

"Good behavior is the last refuge of mediocrity." -Henry S. Haskins

"We can act as if there were a God; feel as if we were free; consider Nature as if she were full of special designs; lay plans as if we were to be immortal; and we find then that these words do make a genuine difference in our moral life." -William James

"Kindness is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us." -Henri Frederic Amiel
"Kindness is loving people more than they deserve." -Joseph Joubert

"Hail to you gods, On that day of great reckoning. Behold me, I have come to you, Without sin, without guilt, without evil, without a witness against me, without one whom I have wronged. I am one pure of mouth, pure of hands." -The book of the dead (1700-1000B.C.)

A man does not have to be an angel in order to be a saint. -Albert Schweitzer

"I'm no angel. But I've spread my wings a bit." -Mae West

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Let us not paralyze our capacity for good by brooding over man's capacity for evil. -David Sarnoff.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." -John Wesley

"Noble deeds are most estimable when hidden." -Blaise Pascal
"The deed is all. Not the glory." -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
"Do right for your own sake, and be happy in knowing that your neighbor will certainly share in the benefits resulting." -Mark Twain

"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." -Paul, 1 Tim 6:18-19.

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world." -William Shakespeare

"Service is nothing but love in work clothes." -anonymous
"Kindness is the insignia of a loving heart." -anonymous

"The measure of man is not the number of his servants but in the number of people whom he serves." -Dr. Paul D. Moody

"There is nothing to make you like other human beings so much as doing things for them." -Zora Neale Hurston.

"Knowing sorrow well, I learn the way to succor the distressed." -Vergil

"When you make a world tolerable for yourself you make a world tolerable for others." -Anais Nin

"Money is God in action." -Frederick J. Eikerenkoetter II, Reverend Ike

"In matters of religion and matrimony I never give advice; because I will have no man's torments in this world or the next laid to my charge." -Lord Chesterfield

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -Robert Bontine

death
"People living deeply have no fear of death." -Anais Nin

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." -Norman Cousins

"Either death is a state of nothingness and utter unconsciousness, or, as men say, there is a change and migration of the soul from this world to another. Now if death be of such a nature, I say that to die is to gain; for eternity is then only a single night." -Plato

"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways." -Stephen Vincent Benet

"In the last analysis it is our conception of death which decides our answers to all the questions that life puts to us." -Dag Hammarskjold

No comments: