Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

JW's are jerks

By that, I mean Jehovah's Witnesses

I just received a Watchtower, left at my door. I like talking to them. I enjoy it. I like to think that they're good people. They're just wrong, though. They want people to read the bible, be righteous, and hopefully join their organization. I've done the first two. But here are my complaints against this current issue entitled, "Why God Saved Noah, Why We Should Care." Hey, I care. I'm just not going to prepare for a "day of judgement and of destruction of the ungodly men." The name of my game is to get the world to solve it's problems, not consider it all hopeless and hope for God to destroy most everybody. If the victims were ungodly, do they approve of the killing rampage that guy in Japan just went on, stabbing and killing 7? I have faith in human nature. And if I do, they should too. I suffer headshocks, chestpains, and hear a voice. I know what it is to be a persecuted victim of unrighteousness.

Let me quote a paragraph:
"Are you distressed by the shocking events in the news or by the godless conduct of people around you? If so, you can identify with Noah. Just imagine how difficult it must have been for him to endure a world of unrighteousness for 600 years, for that is how old he was when the Flood came. How he must have longed for relief!"

I can sympathize. I've got this tormenting jerk David Eldridge in my head, and I've often wished him dead. But I don't kill people. God doesn't kill people (either, if you don't buy my premise). I believe I've heard the JW's say as much, in fact, during one of our discussions. Anyway, I've just wanted David dead, not the whole world. He's the only one consistently invading my privacy, as far as I'm aware, and disrespecting me, tormenting me, torturing me. He's my devil. Even though it's apparent he hates me, I'm not going to take action against him. That is not who I am. It almost sounds like the JW's want me to snap, take action, kill (him?). I don't want to suffer, but I'm sure prison has it's own torments, too. He's pretty much the only person in the whole world I don't like, because he won't leave me alone.

How do the JW's envision this future "cleansing the earth of wickedness"? Fiery. "The heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment." So maybe global warming, maybe nuclear madness, maybe the sun expanding or something, who knows. In any case, I believe we're all in the same boat together, on spaceship earth. This is your captain speaking. I really don't think humanity is going to have to weed out the unworthy to board a spaceship or anything, anytime soon. So just chill.

An interesting JW tidbit. Silence of the Lambs- it might be based on the silentlambs organization; website.

No comments: