Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Militaries are Bad


I'm serious

This following quote deeply affected my life. There was a poster in my high school yearbook office, that basically reinforced my beliefs, and was a factor in my not attending Annapolis:

1."He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
-Einstein (I know, this is coming from the guy that practically invented the atom bomb)

I've since come to believe it takes more courage to live a pacifist life than it does to fight in the face of so much aggravation the world can throw at you.

That, and
2. Thou shalt not kill. -OT

and,
3.Love your enemy. -Jesus

and,
4.War is hell. -General William T Sherman

and,
5. Kindness is my religion. -Dalai Lama

I would hope that if you can recite these quotes with conviction, you would be permitted to abstain from service in any military, even if drafted.

I think international law should outlaw all state militaries, and other law, I guess, should outlaw all gangs and any other bands of killers. I think everyone should be armed and trained with handguns (but no automatic weaponry), for safety, and maybe police forces should be permitted, but, otherwise, no tanks or bombs or missiles or aircraft carriers or whatever else. They're disgusting.
Jesus praised the faith of the centurion, but did not rebuke his profession. I, however, will.
I know, the secret says I'm supposed to keep it positive. F- that. Militaries kill. Killing is wrong, unless absolutely necessary in self-defense. Self-defense is a matter for individuals, not corporate entities. Everyone wants security. So what's the problem? Diplomats worldwide should be able to solve the war/military problem. At the risk of being seen as a jerk or anti-american or not willing to fight for my freedom or whatever, I think we should all be free from having to fight in the first place, and this goal is achievable from the basis of shared human values. People that hate each other can get in fist fights. Why is everyone so enamored of guns and weaponry? Perhaps I'm naive. I think it would be cool if the expression of a violent culture remained in the realm of videogames, sports, and consensual fighting, like paintball or martial arts. Terrorism is a crime, and a police problem. Is there a secret plan to reduce population through abhorrent abominations like the military-industrial complex and sociopathic corporations? Tears for fears...everybody wants to rule the world. Everyone is born equal, a villager in Malawi and Paris Hilton; let's remember that.

No comments: