Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Playing God

I am; You are; We Be
1. Student wears I am God t-shirt; post.
2. Computer programmers play God with a virtual simulation game; link.
(if killing people is playing God, then did you know...you could kill a thousand people per level in Dynasty Warriors 3?)
3. Gurus Chris Butler and Satya Sai Baba says he is.
4. There's a Veronica Mars episode entitled I am God, from 2006, I think.
5. There's also a Star Trek, Deep Space 9 episode (ep. 42, s.2).
6. The bands: Vital Remains, Broken Hope, and The Wannabes each have I am God music.

7. Kirk Franklin has a song entitled I am God feat. tobyMac; lyrics:
(Kirk:) Toby Mac!(huh!) Turn it up! (Toby:) Kirk, gonna get his white boy on! (Kirk:) God, I know You up to something. (uhhh!) I can see it all right now. (woo!) You pulling back my covers. It's getting crazy. (Come on!) (Verse 1: Kirk) Think I'm gonna walk away You're messing up my life today (wassup) This time I refuse to pray Still you keep calling me (calling me) I don't wanna see your face The thing I love you erased (Come on!) Nothing but an empty space Now I don't know how to be I know it wasn't right for me. (Yea!) What you liking what you need. I feel like I'm in surgery Still you cut deeper My secrets within My blanket of sin Lord how much longer 'till ya through with me Please take what you need (Can I get up now!) (Chorus:) Be still and know I am God Be still and know I am God [Verse 2: (Toby Mac)] Loving you Lord is my way Everything you don't explain Somethings I don't want to change So you keep breaking me (There you go!) It's like I'm fighting for my life (woo!) You hit me with another light I feel like Jacob in the night Won't stop 'till you bless me My flesh and my will (Yes father!) Is yours not to kill (To kill!) Bringing myself to you (Come on!) But living sacrifice is more (Can I get up now) (Chorus:) Be still and know I am God (Gotta know Gotta know Gotta know Gotta know) Be still and know (yea) I am God(Gotta know Gotta know One more time!) Be still and know I am God (You are God! You are God! Gotta know! Gotta know!) Be still (Be still) and know (and know) I am God (yea!!!) (Bridge:) If I could I'd fly away from here But even when I'm far you still are near I gotta get out (There's no way out) Where is there to run( There's no where to run) Don't go( Don't go) Don't go (Can't go) No! No! No! (Whoa!) Kirk: You win. (uh huh!) I've been trying to do it on my own. (Yes Lord!) But right now I gotta surrender. You know what's best. (Say it like you mean it!) It's not easy waiting on you. It's not easy believing that you got this together. But without faith it is impossible to please you. (We recognize you!) So I'm gonna stand right here. (We are still before you!) You got me. (We are still before you!) You got me. You got me. (Chorus:) Be still and know (we know!) I am God (We gonna lift those hands. I surrender to your authority God! I surrender!) Be still (we're still!) and know (we know!) I am God (I give you my will)(Gotta know! Gotta! know! Gotta know!) Be still (I'm yours!) and know (we know!) (I'm yours!) I am God (I'm tired of living on my own! I'm tired of living on my own!) Be still and know (we know!) I am God (You are God!) Hallelujah!! Without God, I'm nothing.

8. "I am God" speech from the movie Malice

Other media where people play God:
1. movie: 1997 "Playing God"
2. TV: The Dead Zone (2003) "Playing God"
3. book: order (Playing God in Yellowstone, by Alston Chase)
4. blogpost on the Newsweek magazine article on abiogenesis (creating life).
5. scientists get closer to controlling the weather.
-Wikipedia on weather control; link
-China wants to ensure good weather for the Olympics; link
-The U.S. military wants to control the weather; link
6.From the page of Einstein quotes: (He played God, kind of); 5 God related..
a."I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
b."I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice." (came up two 2's)
c."God is subtle but he is not malicious."
d."God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."

No comments: