Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Love and Marriage quotes

Go together like a horse and carriage..
-Married with children theme song (love is the horse)




1. I would not marry God -Maxine Elliott (but "God is love" -1 John 4:8)

2. It is most unwise for people in love to marry. -George Bernard Shaw

3. People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense. -Ken Kesey

4. Passion, sexual passion, may lead to marriage, but cannot sustain marriage. The purpose of marriage is the raising of children, for which patience, not passion, is the necessary foundation. -Edward Abbey. (although gay marriage is legal now)

5. We don't love qualities; we love a person; sometimes by reason of their defects as well as their qualities. -Jaques Maritain

6. Love ain't nothing but sex misspelled. -Harlan Ellison (what's love got to do with it?)

7.Give all to love; obey thy heart. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. Familiar acts are beautiful through love. -Percy Bysshe Shelley

9. Only choose in marriage a woman whom you would choose as a friend if she were a man. -Joseph Joubert

10. I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire? -Zsa Zsa Gabor

11. At the beginning of a marriage ask yourself whether this woman will be interesting to talk to from now until old age. Everything else in marriage is transitory: most of the time is spent in conversation. -Friedrich Nietsche

12. Marriage isn't a word-it's a sentence. -King Vidor

13. Til' death do us part :-)

14. Love all; serve all -Hard Rock cafe inscription

15. "I dislike the exclusionary principle" -David A. Eldridge, attorney at law.

16. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

17. If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question? -Lily Tomlin

sex
-Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. -Woody Allen
-I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure. -John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
-Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, know what I mean? -Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus
-On stage I make love to 25,000 people; then I go home alone. -Janis Joplin
-I'm saving the bass player for Omaha. -Janis
-Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with somebody I love. -Woody Allen

No comments: