Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Violence against Women

The VW bugh

In the U.S., it is said there are 2k rapes/day (or 1 every 5 minutes). I assume this means reported rapes. Most rapes go unreported. Worldwide, who knows. Psychological abuse is even more prevalent. Domination and enforced subservience and insidious cultural conditioning of sex roles plays out in childhood and adulthood, as parents and in the workplace. Medical studies are made with male subjects, for example, and men have more rights throughout the world.

Life's a bitch, then you die? Life is unfair. Life is shit. Life is hell. You don't have to accept these aphorisms/realities. And you don't have to become a lesbian, either.
http://amananta.wordpress.com/2006/10/03/how-long-before-they-admit-it/

I'm admitting it. Men suck. My wife, on the other hand, she rules.

If you want me to "admit" I'm at war with women, though, well, it's just not true. I think everybody IS, and therefore should be treated as, equals. I know, I'm on a God trip. I'm an insect, though. I worship women. We're all gods, we're all insects, whatever. Equal is the thing. Equally imperfect humans, if you like. I'm pro-life, but only because I'm adopted, and glad that I'm alive, and extend that sense of gratefulness to an imagined future of all the unborn. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I think abortions are violence against women. I think women are violent to their children. There will always be enough willing adoptive parents to accept "unwanted" children. Of course, each one of us have a quintillion microorganisms within us, and if you want to consider your zygote just another one, or less even, like a tumor, that is leaching life from you and threatening you with a painful and potentially fatal birth, you have that right, as well as the legal right to abort. Personally, though, I still think it's wrong. Then again, I eat meat. Maybe the cows think I'm immoral. Nobody's perfect, right? Women are more peaceful than men, in general, and I think good heterosexual relationships should hopefully result in men and women pacifying each other, increasing the peace, and not leading to conflict. Rape is inexcusable. So is prison rape. Everyone should be armed, in my opinion.

Some hard data re: rape is at: http://www.coolnurse.com/rape.htm

Here's more, from Wikipedia:
Rape by perpetrator/ PerpetratorFrequency
Steady dating partner: 21.6%
Casual friend: 16.5%. Ex-boyfriend:12.2%
Acquaintance:10.8%. Close friend:10.1%. Casual date:10.1%
Husband:7.2%. Stranger:2%

It doesn't say if this is all rapes, or only reported. AND, this only adds up to 90.5% (!). 10-20% of rapes have multiple attackers. Maybe that's the undisclosed category. Gang rape is the most damaging kind of rape. A study performed by researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology disclosed that 79% of women fantasize and seek to be gang raped, though. (Seek? That can't be right. Either the study is stupid, or the person who entered this fact onto Wikipedia is. How can a woman "seek" to be raped? The definition of rape is unwanted and unwilling forced sexual intercourse, right? There isn't such thing as forced consensual sex, is there?).

Many claim less than 5 percent of completed and attempted rapes are reported to law enforcement officials. In about two-thirds of rape incidents, however, the victim does tell another person about the incidents.

I read a headline that said sex with drunk women may soon be called a form of rape. I kind of like that (although I have done it). I don't think men should have sex with women who might otherwise say no, or are too drunk to say no, or feeling intimidated because they are incapacitated.. Accused men often say the accuser is only regretting having consensual sex after the fact. This should not even be on the table, in the context of alcohol. Any man who takes advantage of a drunk woman is probably a brute, or at least brutish. Et tu, Brute? It's all about the word no. No means no. That's all it takes to make it a rape, in my opinion. Rape is more about power than pleasure, if it's about pleasure at all. A raped woman feels powerless, and most people want to go into court feeling at an advantage. A rape can sometimes be difficult to prosecute. After all, usually only the two of them were there. Women fear what involvement in a rape trial will do to their lives, namely cause them to be treated like some kind of vindictive shrew/harlot.

No wonder women don't report rape. It's thorny.

No comments: