Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

With God, all things are possible

Levitation, walking on water, flying like superman? No.

In Mat 19:26, it says: And looking upon [them] Jesus said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." And in Mar 9:23 it says, And Jesus said to him, "'If You can!' All things are possible to him who believes." Of course, I don't believe this.

I believe reality is independent of belief.
One's personal subjective experience of reality will be altered, but not the reality itself.

There's mind over matter: maybe you can bend a spoon, but changing the world will take getting your hands dirty. Why not just bend the spoon with your hands? But if I can believe the world into happiness, I'll do my part :-)

I will never believe that Jesus walked on water (unless it was frozen, or on the ground). I probably wouldn't even believe it if I saw it, and chaulk it up to a magic trick, or mind control, like I was dreaming. That's just ridiculous.

Only things within the confines of natural law are possible. Omnipotence is limited. What's possible? I'll tell you: Making a happy, healthy, wealthier world without poverty. That has a nice ring to it. And it'll be loads of fun. It already is, for so many of us. Isn't that the "Kingdom" Jesus would have wanted us to pursue, anyway?

I'm here to beat the drum for the development professionals (and anyone else making this world better), and get things crackin' where they should be, like with the current world food crisis, and with treatable diseases and causes for disease, and the x wars happening (diplomats, get your asses in gear). I may not actually be doing one whit of good, but I like to think I am. I know, I'm a pencil-pusher, albeit with computer bits.

There is work to be done. This is my plan. Compile the lists of problems and solutions into an encyclopedia like resource. I think it is essential to remember these are all personal problems of suffering/not enough happiness (the main -only?- problem), in all its forms, from not having basic needs met to not having an exceptional quality of life. Everything is personal.

If we are not to start from the basic premise that all people need the same things, we need to see how people fundamentally differ, and meet each group's needs separately.

There are different kinds of problems: There are medical problems compiled in various sources, mental health or psychiatric problems (listed, for example, in the DSM-IV), and social problems, ranging from nations to neighborhoods to nephews, and problems the whole world should unite on, like ecology or aliens or diseases or economics, that ignore borders. There are political problems, like not agreeing on what needs to be done, and then how to do it.

There are forensic problems, business problems, problem students, parenting problems, schoolwork problems, the problem of getting up in the morning, traffic problems, relationship problems, health problems, and problems in games, like jigsaw puzzles or sudoku or chess... Our brains basically do nothing but solve problems all day. Lack of problems to keep oneself busy with (boredom) is itself a problem. Too many problems is definitely a problem. There are philosophical problems, like even, for example, what the true nature of reality "is." Proper diction, word-choice, selection, from the possibilities, options, choices (lol) seems to be a perpetual problem. Good public speaking, and thinking and writing clearly, is a problem.

I thought the UN had a list of problems, but now I can't seem to find it.
What is lacking CAN be numbered. And probably has been.

A list of social problems can be found at: http://dir.yahoo.com/society_and_culture/Issues_and_Causes/

and various issues are debated at:
http://www.procon.org/

After we compile an encyclopedia, we need to determine what needs to be done, how many people and how much money is required to solve all of them. Like, how many people per problem, and what problems or sets of problems should be concentrated on first, and getting people united and excited about our collective future. Which solutions or sets of solutions should we employ, and which reject? Try them all? This is how God must orchestrate the creation of a better world. I've got some work cut out for me.

No comments: