Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Human Rights

Well, we all have the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
(that doesn't mean hunting down and killing happy people)

The right to live means: We have the right to nutritious food, sanitation, clean water, effective shelter, and basic healthcare, I would say. I would also add it denies the right to an abortion.

The right to liberty means: you are not a captive audience to someone in your head, if you don't want he/she/them there, and you can do what you want, provided it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Thinking about that, I actually disagree with that statement. I believe we should move away from the concept of "rights" and move toward what each individual wants for themselves. People are different, and "rights" is kind of an absurd word, when contrasted with "lefts" or "wrongs." So I would say you can do what you want, provided it doesn't infringe on the wishes of who you might perchance be acting upon. For example, x said "you're freedom to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose." Someone entering willingly into a fight, however, gives up that right. So just do what you want, within the confines of what those around you want you to do. Perhaps this is too simplistic. People might want you to kill, for example. I would say you can kill, as long as the potential victim wants to die. But you better have that written on paper, with the writing on film, with a reliable stranger as a witness or something, is all I have to say.

The right to the pursuit of happiness entails not living hand to mouth, and being able to enjoy life, not as a slave or prisoner, but as someone who can pursue their own path to happiness from a comfortable position. This is not just about money or hedonism. This is about laughter, good food, entertainment, wellness, fitness, and love.

Let's see what else the the Universal Declaration of Human Rights says.

Human Rights Organizations
Amnesty International (http://www.amnesty.org/) is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights for all. They work to improve human rights through campaigning and international solidarity.

Human Right Watch (http://www.hrw.org/) is dedicated to protecting human rights of people around the world. They stand with victims and activists to prevent discrimination, uphold political freedom, protect people from inhumane conduct in wartime, and to bring offenders to justice.

Youth For Human Rights (http://www.youthforhumanrights.org/) is an independent non-profit that educates people about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights so they become valuable advocates for tolerance and peace.

No comments: