Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Pope's Visit

I love it when you call me Big Poppa

Pope Benedict (my grandpa's name was Ben..) praised America, but said not everyone had gotten a piece of the American dream in the past. "To be sure, this promise was not experienced by all the inhabitants of this land; one thinks of the injustices endured by the native American peoples and by those brought here forcibly from Africa as slaves," he said.
He also lamented "clear signs of a disturbing breakdown in the very foundations of society: signs of alienation, anger and polarization on the part of many of our contemporaries; increased violence; a weakening of the moral sense; a coarsening of social relations and a growing forgetfulness of God."

Is he upset with anger? There's a LOT to be righteously and rightfully angry about, Mr. Pope. He might be a bit angry about a few things, himself, it appears.

He's 81 years old, and he just wants peace, I imagine, to enjoy with his piano and his cat. I almost feel sorry for the guy. God is a word. How can you "forget" God?

Christians are wrong because of the Jewish critique of why Jesus does not fulfill the requirements of the Messiah. Jews are wrong because they expect their Messiah to eliminate disease (which is not possible). And God only knows why Muslims or Buddhists are wrong. I'm sure I could find something. Maybe I'm wrong, too. Everybody's wrong! Yay!

Just be good, and do good. Remember, not doing bad is a form of doing good. And then there's basically infinite potential for doing good. Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

Some spite and ire regarding the Pope, by Christopher Hitchens.

No comments: