Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Allah

Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, Head

What does Allah mean, and how is the name pronounced?
Question 1:
http://www.faizani.com/portal/allah.html
In Islam, Allah is the name of the nameless God. According to the tradition of Islam there are 99 Names of God (al-asma al-husna lit. meaning: "The best names") each of which evoke a distinct characteristic of Allah.

"One of the complexities of the Arabic language is that a single word can have multiple meanings". This quote strikes me as funny. Any word in any language can have multiple meanings. I could make up an alternate meaning for "alternate" right now, lol.

In any case, Allah means God (in monotheistic understanding of the word); the only entity worthy of worship. Although, the word had a different meaning for pre-Islamic arabians and has a slightly different meaning for Arab Christians.

Question 2:
Is it pronounced ALLah or al-LAW? Maybe both. I've heard both. I don't know. Maybe there is no correct pronunciation.

It is unfortunate that Islam can be split into I slam, which evokes the 9-11 attacks.
The anagrams for Islam are also: Mails, A Slim, A Mils, La Mis, La Ism, Lam Is, Alms I, Lams I, Las Mi, As Mil.

A Slim could be Slim Shady or Carlos Slim. Muslims smoking Virginia Slims. The world is nuts. I hope you don't take offense.

No comments: