Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Goodly Ongoing Duty

Dear All Gods, Goddesses, and Godlings- 

I am a human being.  Obviously.  Only humans write blog posts.  Unless I’m secretly controlled by computers.  Computers can write essays, or so I’ve read, lol.   I have declared that I am God.  Maybe I am.  God is One.  God is love.  God is a man of war.  God is good.  I’m not in the military.   But God is the enemy of the Devil.  If God is love, well the devil must be hate.  Bomb the shit out of those haters.  Don’t bomb the lovers.  Let them be.   God loves the devil. The devil, though, apparently does not return the favor.  Am I love?  I love love.  I love myself.  I love my life.  I love my job.  I love my family and friends.  I love the Bay Area.   I love music.   I love my country.  I love the internet.  I love my blog.  I love my world.   I love wikipedia.  I love YouTube, the onion, ted, instagram, pinterest, J! Archive, google.  I love my Amazon Echo.  I love standup.   I love college radio.  I love public libraries.  I love the Economist, the NY Times, flash briefing, the song of the day.  I love sleeping in, and I love waking early, getting a lot done.   God is One.   I’m one.  Unless I’m legion.   Am I a plurality?   Am I possessed?  How many of me are there?  Am I a consubstantial trinity or something?  Me, myself, and I are a Unity of Self!  You can’t have a Self without an Elf!  Demons and devils and Satan and Mephistopheles and Antichrist and Lucifer and Beelzebub and the Devil.  That’s at least 8.  If I’m not God Almighty, I could be A god.  One of many.  Or a god, uncapitalized.  I am only a human being.  But if humans can’t be Gods, then who can, right?  We have created our Gods.  The source of all things good, our ideals, virtue, heaven, even punishment.  We have written books, one of which is “god’s spell” (gospel).  I hesitate to imagine deities as space aliens, who are reputed to have vast powers of mind control and advanced technology at their disposal.  But who knows?  Maybe.  Jesus “ascended into heaven” sounds to me a lot like being beamed up to a spaceship, if you ask me.  But you didn’t, did you?   I’m talking to myself.   I like listening to myself.  You go, God.  Gawd.  War is the art of deception.  Chess is war.   If you play chess against anyone, you’re their Adversary.   That’s all the Evil One is.  Both sides!   Lawyers are de facto diabolical demoniacs, who can choose to identify with either side, virtue or depravity, but will always be adversaries, and hence, lords of darkness.  Different kinds of demons include undead zombies, bloodthirsty vampires, transformed werewolves, half-human vampires (dhampirs), and other assorted arch-enemies, criminals,  and nefarious types, like wicked evil sinful turpitudinous torturers.  Maybe you have a nemesis.   An anti-you.  Like an antichrist or antipope.  Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.   Revenge is a dish best served cold.  Anyway, am I good?   The good book says only God is good.  So if you’re good, then you’re God.  You can lose that status pretty quickly, it seems to me.  It’s a goodly ongoing duty.

Enjoy your Godyssey!

No comments: