Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

True Reality


Religion makes things, through repetition, "really real"
God is defined as "ultimate reality"
Is ultimate reality a lie?
Truth is objective, eternal, and absolute, some say.
"I am" is true. It won't be eternal, though. Or will it?
A few takes on True Reality:

1.A song called True Reality by Motiv

I don't know what else to say but you can't keep living life this way
a bag a day keeps the pain away for a while until it is too late
you think you've got it in control but your brain is too enslaved
to tell you're stuck inside your world and you still refuse to see
your life wasting away
and now it's time to get a grip and realize the true reality
you jab the vein in your arm you kill yourself and disregard
the fact that it will end and your precious heroin
then you'll finally realize that it was all just a waste of your time
your life wasted away and now you've finally seen the truth
and realized the true reality

-"Heroin, it's my life, and it's my wife" -Velvet Underground

2. Poem, from website "Is the Real World Really Real?"
-Is reality real? Such confusion!Can it be that it's all just illusion?
Philosophers cogitate;Scientists speculate.
But none of them reach a conclusion

Is reality real...Is that not the stupidest question you've ever heard?
Then again, I think like a lawyer, I think (I'm not, though).
Reality, by definition, is real. It's a tautology.
There is no such thing as unreal reality.
We just have to be clear. For example,
When I hear a "voice", it's real in my head.
If you say it's not real, you're the one who's insane.
If something is not real, it's not a part of reality. (duh)
So flying unicorns are not real, but the concept of them is.

(although I admit the possibility of imaginative concepts having reality outside of our experience, like elsewhere in the universe or in another universe...It is also possible that it is not possible to conceive of something that is unreal, so all the fiction in the libraries or on screen is actually real somewhere, including all the horror, which is a scary thought). The truth is, none of us know all of reality, nor ever will. Space is too vast, the possibilities too endless. But I suppose one of those possibilities is omniscience. I would imagine that to be space itself having consciousness.

We sing "row, row, row your boat...life is but a dream". So life is just dreams within dreams? God is our dream, and we are God's dream. I have a dream. Some day, we will all live out our own dreams. Lol. If most of space is empty, and matter is just energy and light, then yeah, reality is pretty dreamy, I guess. It may even be that reality is less solid than my dreams. Like consciousness scattered to the winds, rather than organized (if however crazily) in my brain.

3. German physicist Max Born said, "We believe in natural laws and rely on their validity in everyday life. But we human beings are part of nature and subject to her laws. Therefore what we do should be just as predetermined as any natural process. But we regard ourselves as creatures capable of forming opinions and of acting on the basis of free decisions; we therefore pass judgment on human actions, calling them good or bad, just or unjust. How can we do so if every human action is nothing but part of a predetermined , automatic process? The contradiction seems insoluble. Only two possibilities seem to exist: either one must believe in determinism and regard freewill as a subjective illusion, or one must become a mystic and regard the discovery of natural laws as a meaningless intellectual game" (Born, 1968).

I'm not sure he's got that right. The italics are my emphasis, as something I see as solid. Can't you be a mystic under determinism? I don't see why any natural law we come up with would only be rendered meaningless in a deterministic universe. Couldn't a deterministic universe give at least one person free-will? Okay, I'll think about this tomorrow. I'm tired, and confused.

4. Leibniz wrote; Reality cannot be found except in One single source, because of the interconnection of all things with one another.

- This interconnection is quantum entanglement? Am I connected to something I've never seen, thought about, or been close to? If so, what is the nature of this connection? I'm not completely clear on the concept. My understanding of it goes from electrons to telepathy to maybe people thinking the same thoughts to maybe even gravity (it acts instantaneously). My being God, of course, entangles me with everything. But if I were bad, I wouldn't be God (One). I'd be disconnected from (some of) reality. Argh.

I might be out of my depth. Reality is surely a complex topic. Quantum this and that, and all. I had a dream last night that showed this endless equation. That might have been invaluable to science, if I had a photographic memory. Sorry, fellas. Then again, it had the words God and Reality in it, which doesn't seem to rightly belong in an equation.

No comments: