Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Delusion of Self is Self-Delusion

Huh? You might be thinking.

If you think the self does not exist, you're delusional (I believe). If you think you don't exist, but only God does (His name is I AM, after all), you're probably as crazy as Jesus. Of course, you have the right to believe this. You might get crucified, though. People will forever mutter your name in dismay, as well. (This picture is from 1936, of the "brown lady", a ghost). What was this ghost, and is it a 'self'? Bizarre. Anyway,

"After all" sounds like an eschatological term, if ever I heard one.

If God is a man of war, and vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord, then Being God might be subject to "Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword", and "Judge not lest ye be judged." So God is a concept of: perfection that cannot be killed, even as a judge. Maybe God doesn't judge. He's just the reaper, and everyone dies. He's God the father, father time, which stands for that is me. Time takes it's toll, and for whom does the bell toll, it tolls for thee. God is eternal and omnipresent, they say. I alter this conception a bit. If the human lifespan has a limit of, say, 130 years, then I will be dead, at the latest, by around 2100. Love never dies. That's from Dracula. Anyway. The world will no doubt be significantly different by then. Swarming with oodles of Gods with more omniscience than you can shake a stick at. I'm sure some significant events will no doubt transpire in my lifetime, too. Hopefully, all good, right? If you're reading this blog, you're one of the privileged few :-) Be a history maker!

Anyway, some forms of self-delusion are projection, delusional projection, displacement, denial, fantasy, and projection.

I picked this up from Dr. Sanity's blog.

He says:
These days, whenever something goofy turns up on the news, chances are it involves a fellow called Mohammed. A plane flies into the World Trade Centre? Mohammed Atta. A gunman shoots up the El Al counter at Los Angeles airport? Hesham Mohamed Hedayet. A sniper starts killing petrol station customers around Washington, DC? John Allen Muhammed. A guy fatally stabs a Dutch movie director? Mohammed Bouyeri. A terrorist slaughters dozens in Bali? Noordin Mohamed. A gang-rapist in Sydney? Mohammed Skaf.

Maybe because religious figures attempt to convert the violent impulse to good? It's a bit much to have in your name, perhaps. Mohammed was violent, they say, despite Allah the Merciful. I suspect Jesus was a stone cold killer. In one apocryphal book, he kills as a kid. He shrivels a fig tree. He overturns the moneychangers tables in the temple. He transfers some unclean spirits to pigs, who commit suicide. He caught a buttload of fish. That's all the violence I can think of. Maybe he killed germs. Whatever, though.

No comments: