Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Reality

Reality: Objective and Subjective
i.e., Reality and "reality"
i.e. outside your head, inside your head
That makes sense.
But that's Consensus Reality

Maybe separateness is imposed. Two people, for instance. Minds mingle. Vibes, energy, interaction with people around you. "Feeling" people look at you. Matter is energy. Maybe energy is the only reality.

Am I a creature made of light? Perhaps we all are.

Does everything, all matter, all energy, have consciousness?

If everything has a head, so to speak, then each atom is a living being, each electron, each quark, down to the smallest particle. And likewise, up to the biggest entity, all of reality, the universe, or universes, possibly ad infinitum, what we call "God." The entire universe could be like a quark in another universe. It could be totally crazy, that way. The only way to make sense of it, is to collapse separateness, and call everything God. I am you as you are me as we are all together. I am the walrus. Yeehaw! Of course, I'm just Jesse. Consensus Reality comes crashing back in.

So just as each atom in my body is a part of me, I am a part of humanity, which is a part of animalia, a part of earth. Gaia is the term for the living, conscious earth. Likewise, the entire universe could be a type of organism. We could be the bacteria in the stomach of the universe. Instead of saying God, we could say "The universe will help me" or "I can't believe the universe would let that happen." (Question: Why do they call universities that?).

Anyway, back to Objective and Subjective. Either way,
it's physical, like a rock, or in the realm of physics, like light or radiowaves and microwaves, etc.
Subjective- mind, imagination, thoughts, concepts, ideas, beliefs, worldviews -psychology
Objective-physics, chemistry, and biology. matter and chemicals.
I think physics has somewhat collapsed the distinction.

Spirit and soul and "vibes" and mind, are all biological/part of the brain/in the realm of science, like waves or any other form of connection. Our bodies are vehicles for dna between our parents and our children.

Just like the pbs show sang: Contact, is the reason, is the answer, why everything happens.

God, from Encarta encyclopedia:
God: the center and focus of religious faith, a holy being or ultimate reality to whom worship and prayer are addressed. Especially in monotheistic religions, God is considered the creator or source of everything that exists and is spoken of in terms of perfect attributes—for instance, infinitude, immutability, eternity, goodness, knowledge (omniscience), and power (omnipotence). Most religions traditionally ascribe to God certain human characteristics that can be understood either literally or metaphorically, such as will, love, anger, and forgiveness.

If God is the ultimate reality, what am I saying when I say I am God? Am I saying I am the ultimate reality? Well, no, possibly or probably not for you, but to me I am. Of course, if you are reading this sentence right now I am your ultimate reality. The mind is a trip. Actually, I'm only my ultimate reality in a sense. I want to say I am my ultimate reality, but I often perceive reality as coming from a source other than myself. It's an interaction between myself and the outside world. I am like a robot. I see reality according to my train of thought, my preconceptions, my time. Occasionally, I feel free. Upon reflection, I imagine I'm not, really. Reality is Other than me, in the sense that Reality will in all likelihood continue to exist without me. And other than me, in the sense that there seems to be someone that's in my head all the time, knows my thoughts, and forms conversation to and around me according to what's been on my mind, usually of late. The vampire metaphor works well as a paradigm for this phenomenon. The matrix is another way of thinking about it, as if computers were forming reality. The Truth is a matter of conjecture. Anyway, I can choose to give others precedence over myself, making others more important than me, or more central than me, or more of an ultimate reality than me, but when it comes down to it, I will still be in my own mind, and perceiving through my own body. I am the center of my own universe. We all are. It's probably healthier to externalize to "God" or some other conceived "source" the nature of ultimate reality, though. But what's God's source, then?

So, Ultimate Reality aside, I feel happy to ascribe the Godly qualities of holiness and perfection to myself. If the dalai lama can be holy, then so can I. I am a good person, and I have been known to spread joy and wisdom. If only God is good, well then I'm God. I'd say there's a lot of other God, too. Perfection, of course, is better than just good. A perfect being makes no mistakes, is free of error, does everything well, nay, perfectly. I try my best. I figure the usual conception of God can do no better. Either God created the devil, who created everything bad, or God himself is responsible for things like chronic pain that drives good people to suicide. The mysterious and nebulous God in heaven has been depicted on the cistine chapel, in the Matrix movie, and in cartoons, for starters. God means a lot of things to a lot of people. I've had a conception of God as the alpha being of humanity, dreaming up the future and programming us all every night in our dreams, or programming computers to program us, etc. I like to think about weird stuff like this. God is generally thought to not make mistakes. But mistakes are a subjective thing, and maybe the "worst" mistake might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened. Like an unintended child. Truth be told, none of us know what perfection is. They even say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Jesus said we know not what we do. I don't think Jesus knew himself what he was doing. If perfection is good, is it still bad to be perfectly evil? Good and evil need each other. Any act can be interpreted to be either. So ultimate reality is subjective nonsense, and there is only Personal Reality and Consensus Reality. Be good.

-God
Perhaps you think there is a word/concept that encapsulates reality, like Death or Love?

"The Last Psychiatrist", on (an aspect of) reality.

No comments: