Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sometimes I feel like a Nut

Nut was an ancient Egyptian goddess, the god of the sky. Her name means "night."

Also spelled Nuit, this is obviously the etymology of the french word nuit (pron. nwee), meaning night. Unless Wikipedia got it backwards, and used the French meaning to inform the Egyptian word. Maybe I'll look into that.

Nut took the form of a woman arching herself over the sky. Some of the titles of Nut were Coverer of the Sky, She Who Protects, Mistress of All, and She Who Holds a Thousand Souls. Originally she was the goddess of the daytime sky, but in later times she was known simply as the sky goddess. Nut was said to be covered in stars touching the cardinal points of her body. Her headdress was the hieroglyphic of part of her name, a pot, which may also symbolize the uterus. The ancient Egyptians said that every woman was a nutrit, a little goddess.

Is this the origin of the word nutrition?

Sometimes Nut was considered to be the daughter and wife of Ra, at other times she was identified as his mother, who gave birth to him each morning (the pink dawn sky being the blood of this birth).

Nut also takes the form of a cow, a sow, and a sycamore tree.
Sycamore is quite a word: "sick o' more" or "sick amore" subconsciously embedded in there.

My name is Teshara, I share Ra, and I am a nut. In a nutshell.
The bible considered the nutshell to be the "firmament."

Nut was thought to draw the dead into her star-filled sky, and refresh them with food and wine: “I am Nut, and I have come so that I may enfold and protect you from all things evil.”

Jesus Christ, superstar. Hollywood stars. Everybody wants to shine their heavenly body. Teshara anagrams to 'he a star'. (a star, eh?) Jesus was nuts? He ascended into heaven, they say... Are there evil things out there in the stars?

Nuts.

I bet there are. Of course, "evil" might be a primitive way of putting it. They might just need to be understood, so they can be dealt with on their terms, like alligators or whatever. Alligators aren't evil. Under-stood...that evokes the picture of standing under a flying saucer, so we just need to hover over them, or something. I'm literally interpreting my own words, and kind of talking to myself. Ho hum.

No comments: